Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

I am a Forum User

Ak help needed. Opening a magwell and threading a barrel

As the title says.
    I need a gunsmith that does these things around the Detroit area.
    Thanks guys.

Marketplace Moderator
    Call Doug Jones at Accurail. He is located in Rochester Hills. A great gunsmith at fair prices. 15862622760. Good Shooting, MOOSE

ken kubin at global military gunsmithing in Farmington specializes in AKs.

http://www.globalmilitarygunsmithing.com/

I am a Forum User
    Thanks guys

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    ken kubin at global military gunsmithing in Farmington specializes in AKs.

http://www.globalmilitarygunsmithing.com/
    Plus 1 for Ken. He has very reasonable prices for the work that he does and somewhat of a National reputation for his work on military pattern firearms.

MGO Member
    I've looked into DIY-ing a $15 slant brake on to my MAK.

Need to order a M14X1 LH Die and a M14X1 LH Barrel Threading Die Starter - last time I looked, both were available from "Lighthouse Quality Tools" (on Amazon) - all told about another $30 - $40.

As far as opening the mag well... There's that one company out there that specializes in this area of DIY gunsmithing equipment - I believe their name is spelled: D-R-E-M-E-L ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dolomite View Post
    I've looked into DIY-ing a $15 slant brake on to my MAK.

Need to order a M14X1 LH Die and a M14X1 LH Barrel Threading Die Starter - last time I looked, both were available from "Lighthouse Quality Tools" (on Amazon) - all told about another $30 - $40.

As far as opening the mag well... There's that one company out there that specializes in this area of DIY gunsmithing equipment - I believe their name is spelled: D-R-E-M-E-L ?
    Depends on the cost, if you are going to get a couple rifles threaded, whats the going cost to machine it out nice and tight the right way?

I have done dremeling on aks, I dremel plenty of stuff, I think I have 4 possibly 5 different dremel, bosh, dremel, chicago, another dremel and something else. But if you do not use them its best not to make your first try your rifle.

Doing your own stuff is always cool, except if you mess it up, then its time times as bad in the uncool direction.

I own a Romak 991 that someone did a DIY mag well job on! It turn out sweet!! It now sets in a new Nodak Spud receiver, has a new forged front trunnion Ken Kubin built the rifle after the hack job, like I said, it turned out sweet!!
    Active airport shooter