Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Biden 2020???

Is there a possibility that President biden will sign an executive order to increase ammo output?

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnJak View Post
    Is there a possibility that President biden will sign an executive order to increase ammo output?
    If we have a shortage, I'm sure he will.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer View Post
    The best/most you can claim as valid estimate numbers is the count on NICS checks. And that, in no way, reflects a count on sales.

The metric used DOES MATTER!
    Im confused what exactly is it that you're trying to argue or disprove?

Go to any gun shop and look at the empty shelves, and then tell us after that there are not record gun sales.

https://www.fbi.gov/file-repository/..._year.pdf/view

There's a 40% increase Year over Year in NICS checks for October alone. About a million to be specific. Without november or december even counted, we have already surpassed 2019 on an annual count by 13%. Considering that this a primary tool used in a firearm transaction, its a pretty accurate way of predicting overall market trends, without even needing to count sales by manufacturer, retailer, and gunbroker.

the metrics overwhelmingly support his point, regardless of what you choose to measure by.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by AleksanderSuave View Post
    Im confused what exactly is it that you're trying to argue or disprove?

Go to any gun shop and look at the empty shelves, and then tell us after that there are not record gun sales.

https://www.fbi.gov/file-repository/..._year.pdf/view

There's a 40% increase Year over Year in NICS checks for October alone. About a million to be specific. Without november or december even counted, we have already surpassed 2019 on an annual count by 13%. Considering that this a primary tool used in a firearm transaction, its a pretty accurate way of predicting overall market trends, without even needing to count sales by manufacturer, retailer, and gunbroker.

the metrics overwhelmingly support his point, regardless of what you choose to measure by.
    And you aren't even counting private sales with no NICS check required.

I am a Forum User
    " Is there a possibility that President biden will sign an executive order to increase ammo output?"

only if he can add a extra tax on it..

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer View Post
    The best/most you can claim as valid estimate numbers is the count on NICS checks. And that, in no way, reflects a count on sales.

The metric used DOES MATTER!
    If you compare NICS checks month to month, year to year, you get a very accurate gun sale trend. Unless you think there is a significant anomaly where private or illegal sales are suddenly way out of proportion.

Given the increased number of first time buyers, and that first time buyers are more likely to seek a sales person than roam about the classifieds for their first purchase, one can infer that FFL sales have increased as a proportion to total sales.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by nmuskier View Post
    If you compare NICS checks month to month, year to year, you get a very accurate gun sale trend. Unless you think there is a significant anomaly where private or illegal sales are suddenly way out of proportion.

Given the increased number of first time buyers, and that first time buyers are more likely to seek a sales person than roam about the classifieds for their first purchase, one can infer that FFL sales have increased as a proportion to total sales.
    And I would think a lot of those NICS checks are gun owners that sold something privately and are replacing it.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnJak View Post
    Maybe. But pigs will fly out of my butt first.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by truckerdave397 View Post
    Maybe. But pigs will fly out of my butt first.
    Will I need a license to harvest them?

Quote Originally Posted by nmuskier View Post
    If you compare NICS checks month to month, year to year, you get a very accurate gun sale trend.
    All that you have is a count of NICS checks. There is no published correlation between sales and checks.
    The number of sales per check is not recorded nor limited, nor required. Many States also use the NICS system for other things. Michigan uses it (as a matter of law) for part of the CPL background check.

Not accurate, nor just for sales. It can be used at a "suggestive" level only. And the original point, there is no national registration.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast