Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ar Pistol

Ar Pistol

Hello everyone,

I have a question about selling an ar pistol lower and upper. I purchased an are pistol lower and a 10.5 inch upper a while back. I never put the pistol together and I never registered it. Can I sell them to somebody or should I get it registered first.

Thanks

MGO Member
    It isn’t a pistol yet. It is just parts - the receiver is an other and resells like a long gun would and the upper is just parts.

Even if it was a pistol, you wouldn’t “register” it. There is no method to do that when you assemble it yourself. Search prior threads. This comes up every other day here.

The law requires you to register it, but their suggested form for instance if you have a CPL, is a RI-060, which really is only set up for a sale. We have no problem using them for trades, or a gift, with no exchange of cash but that’s different. I would just write all the gun info that goes on a RI-060, on a piece of paper, and give that to your local police.
    Active airport shooter

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JDG View Post
    The law requires you to register it, but their suggested form for instance if you have a CPL, is a RI-060, which really is only set up for a sale. We have no problem using them for trades, or a gift, with no exchange of cash but that’s different. I would just write all the gun info that goes on a RI-060, on a piece of paper, and give that to your local police.
    Write it on a piece of paper? Can you cite a statute that provides for that procedure? Or did you just make it up?

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparten View Post
    Hello everyone,

I have a question about selling an ar pistol lower and upper. I purchased an are pistol lower and a 10.5 inch upper a while back. I never put the pistol together and I never registered it. Can I sell them to somebody or should I get it registered first.

Thanks
    If selling to a MI resident you can just sell the parts without any paperwork as it was never assembled as a firearm.
    If selling to a non MI resident then the lower must go through an FFL in the buyers home state. There is no FFL requirement for the upper.

I am a Forum User
    Total rubbish. Learn the law or stop posting.

I am a Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
    Total rubbish. Learn the law or stop posting.
    The law says to register it, and if you call the State Police Records, they will tell you to use a RI-060(if you have a CPL) Since it’s been beaten to death that the form is wrong for that (MSP says this too, but they don’t care) Don’t use it! Write the info on some damn paper! You could always just chance it, pay the fine if you get caught with an unregistered pistol. You could also follow the law, give them what they want, on the form they want it on(the wrong form) or just write it on some paper, all they want is the damn info! I don’t know why they don’t make a new form, they really don’t care unless your trying to deceive them about something. They told me to cross off seller, and put down “built from form 1” Yes, this is from The Records Division at MSP! This is their form, so what ever! They just want to be able to figure out what’s going on. It’s a law to register, telling people not to Is on you! Call MSP and get your own advice, there the ones that you’ll be dealing with.
    Active airport shooter

I am a Forum User
    Nice....
    Serious question. I don't think I've ever seen you post a rambling stream of hooey like that before.

Quote Originally Posted by GreaseMonkeySRT View Post
    Serious question. I don't think I've ever seen you post a rambling stream of hooey like that before.
    Never touched drugs in my life brother. The whole RI060 thing grinds my ass though. When the creator of the form tells you to use it in a manner, that we all agree it wasn’t made for(even the MSP) but everyone is afraid to use it because they think they will be instant felons, but no one ever has, It don’t make sense. I have called the MSP Records Div numerous times on this, and suggest anyone interested in finding out how laid back they are on that form, it is almost laughable! They just want the info on the gun. Writing your info on a piece of paper was a half ass joke, to avoid this whole topic... Best thing to do is get an out of state CPL, forgo the BS registration.
    Active airport shooter

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast