Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ar Pistol

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by JDG View Post
    So your saying if I build a SBR under 26”, no registration is required as a pistol, but if I buy the same gun I am required to register? If so, I totally misunderstood the law, did it for nothing!
    If you build an SBR, you need a tax stamp. That has nothing to do with an AR pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue XJ View Post
    If you build an SBR, you need a tax stamp. That has nothing to do with an AR pistol.
    Ah, but ANY firearm under 26", whether it is a pistol, rifle or shotgun it supposed to get entered into the transaction database.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue XJ View Post
    You are right, my question to him had nothing to do with an AR pistol. Yes, a Form 1 is indeed a tax stamp application.
    Active airport shooter

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer View Post
    Ah, but ANY firearm under 26", whether it is a pistol, rifle or shotgun it supposed to get entered into the transaction database.
    Not if I build/manufacture it myself (pistol).

I am a Forum User
    The OP said he has an AR pistol lower. A few replies say those are "just parts". The OP deserves some clarification that an AR lower is a firearm of some classification. A lower is not "just parts".

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by nmuskier View Post
    The OP said he has an AR pistol lower. A few replies say those are "just parts". The OP deserves some clarification that an AR lower is a firearm of some classification. A lower is not "just parts".
    The OP asked if he had to "register" them before he sold them. Several people have answered him already. That's the clarification he ASKED for.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
    Not if I build/manufacture it myself (pistol).
    And that would be just about the definition of "acquire"

to come into possession or ownership of; get as one's own: to acquire property. to gain for oneself through one's actions or efforts: to acquire learning
    Just because "you built it" doesn't excuse you from the letter of the law.

The issue is that they don't provide you a way of complying with the law without committing another felony.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

I am a Forum User

The issue is that they don't provide you a way of complying with the law without committing another felony.
    Sorry, assemble and acquire don't show up next to each other in the thesaurus. Ford isn't a car acquirer, they're a car manufacturer.

I am a Forum User
    Wrong.

You can't acquire something that you previously acquired.

A "transaction" does NOT occur because I placed something from one of my hands into the other hand.

Placing two items that you ALREADY OWN in a different physical orientation to one another than how they were oriented 2 minutes ago does not constitute me "acquiring" them ... again.

I suggest that you learn the letter of the law before attempting to define it.

As always, this argument is non-sensical and completely erroneous.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
    The OP asked if he had to "register" them before he sold them. Several people have answered him already. That's the clarification he ASKED for.
    My mistake.
    Buy, sell, mail AR lowers with impunity. They are just metal parts.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast