Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

MGO Member

Looking For Opinions on Optics

I have an Sig 516 AR with a Burris AR-332, a Sig 522 with an Aimpoint T1 and a Bullpup 12ga with a Holosun 510c. I am thinking about switching up optics. The Bullpup and AR are really CQB and the .22 is for shooting a lot of practice. I kind of like a simple dot that’s not too busy. Thinking about just using the iron sights on the shotgun and maybe moving the Holosun to the AR. Stupid move or just do whatever the heck I want -?

MGO Member
    After looking at specs for each of your optics, if I was in the situation with your firearms, I would leave the Holosun on the Bullpup. Put the Aimpoint on your AR and put a 3x9 scope on your 22. You will still be able to practice all you like but have a finer hold for head shooting squirrels and rabbits for survival. Just my opinion, for what it may be worth.

MGO Member
    Thanks for that. That was the first scenario I thought about. FWIW, the AR-332 is only a 3X but still makes sense. I was mulling it over (again) last night and I think this is the way I am going to go. Appreciate your input!