Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Thread: Firearm sales

Firearm sales

I have a relative that basically lives off the grid in the U.P. He worked hard all of his life & has amassed a huge collection of guns. ammo, & sporting equipment.

Getting up there in age & has hinted that he may be ready to sell. Ya'll think the time is right, or wait awhile & see how the market responds post election ?
    ΥΣΜΧ SEMPER FIDELIS !

LIFE MEMBER OF THE WORLD'S LARGEST FRATERNITY

71 AND COUNTING

I am a Forum User
    I'd wait. I had stripped lowers that started moving after election week, but there wasn't a big surge overall.

MGO Member
    What is getting up there in age mean to you? After living in the U.P. for several years and playing in bar game leagues with the locals this could mean 90+ and they are not going anywhere anytime soon.

There is probably a bunch of stuff in his collection that should have been sold off years ago, some stuff that would be good to sell now and some he should wait on. I see all kinds of older shooting and sporting equipment in local auctions and unfortunately the prices aren't great as the market for this stuff gets smaller everyday. Something a new shooter would want could be good to keep/sell but a box of leather holsters for revolvers......

I am a Forum User
    When both the House and Senate are Democratic controlled will be the time to sell.
    The value of semi autos, nasty black assault rifles, and high cap mags will rise exponentially by the day.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Quads View Post
    When both the House and Senate are Democratic controlled will be the time to sell.
    The value of semi autos, nasty black assault rifles, and high cap mags will rise exponentially by the day.
    But ... but ... but ... but bump stocks, right?

I am a Forum User
    Now may be time to start selling some stuff..as it's now still legal for him to sell.
    With change of administrations, may not remain so, for some pieces in his collection.

MGO Member
    Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

I was at a gun show in texas over the weekend. People are buying everything they see at prices WAY above what they were this time lst year.
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

MGO Member
    If someone can sell them in the lower 1/3 of the state - he'll get good prices today. Demand is still high.
    I aim to misbehave ~Malcolm Reynolds
    Favorite Shooting Podcast