Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    MGO Member
    Put some Pachmayr grips back on it, that is a very nice 9mm Hi Power.
    Stop The Robberies Enjoy Safe Streets / You can't argue with slaves that don't know they're shackled.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnJak View Post
    caliber?
    Quote Originally Posted by john.41 View Post
    ... 9mm Hi Power...

Yes, you can tell it is a 9mm since the slide doesn't have extra thickness. Note the thicker slide (red arrow) on the 40 S&W in this photo.

40HPslide.jpg

Stephen Camp was the go to Hi-Power knowledge person. Sadly, he passed away in 2011 at the age of 59.
    Anyone with an interest in Hi-Powers should peruse this website.

https://hipowersandhandguns.com/HiPowerComments.html
    If you are better off than you were 4 years ago....................you are probably an ILLEGAL INVADER.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnJak View Post
    caliber?
    9mm

Quote Originally Posted by SMLE View Post
    I agree, it's a Practical, with different grips. A MKIII is not two-tone. Check out this Browning spec page.
    Good link, thanks.
    It does say practical came with fixed sights and this has an adjustable. Must have been added and grips swapped for the wood ones.

I think I mentioned that the guy I bought it from shot competitively with 1911's. The trigger on this High Power is poor compared to the Colt Government that I bought from him also. The 1911 trigger is phenomenal. I'm sure it's had some work done. Had a nice (chilly) afternoon busting clay pigeons with my 1100 then poking paper with the two new pistols.

Edit to add: thanks to all for the information you've provided.

Quote Originally Posted by Imshootin View Post
    Stephen Camp was the go to Hi-Power knowledge person. Sadly, he passed away in 2011 at the age of 59.
    Anyone with an interest in Hi-Powers should peruse this website.

https://hipowersandhandguns.com/HiPowerComments.html
    From the link you posted speaking of the magazine safety "Unfortunately, on most Hi Powers this makes the trigger pull heavier and grittier."
    That would be exactly what I was complaining about in previous post. Gritty is good word for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobi View Post
    Good link, thanks.
    It does say practical came with fixed sights and this has an adjustable. Must have been added and grips swapped for the wood ones.

I think I mentioned that the guy I bought it from shot competitively with 1911's. The trigger on this High Power is poor compared to the Colt Government that I bought from him also. The 1911 trigger is phenomenal. I'm sure it's had some work done. Had a nice (chilly) afternoon busting clay pigeons with my 1100 then poking paper with the two new pistols.
    I would think that if he shot competitively then he would have likely removed the magazine safety. From what I've read on various forums over the years, many people remove it. Perhaps he reinstalled it before selling it? Also, as a competitive shooter it is likely he replaced the standard sights.

Glad you like it. Hi Powers are excellent pistols!

Quote Originally Posted by SMLE View Post
    I would think that if he shot competitively then he would have likely removed the magazine safety. From what I've read on various forums over the years, many people remove it. Perhaps he reinstalled it before selling it? Also, as a competitive shooter it is likely he replaced the standard sights.

Glad you like it. Hi Powers are excellent pistols!
    Found a plethora of information on removing the mag safety. Took about 10 minutes to actually do after much reading. Trigger is tremendously better. Free falling magazine is another major bonus. Having to pull it out felt silly. Here's a couple of pictures for anyone who doesn't know what this looks like. That square shoe had to, under spring pressure, actually slide in the front edge of the magazine as you pulled the trigger. Grit gone!

20201114_113506.jpg20201114_114710.jpg

MGO Member
    Very popular modification.....glad you are enjoying your new Hi-Power.
    Stop The Robberies Enjoy Safe Streets / You can't argue with slaves that don't know they're shackled.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12