Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Pellet Gun Hunting

Does anyone here use pellet gun in .22 or .25 for small game hunting in the Clare County area since the price and availability is out of this world ? I was thinking of doing some rabbit as I have a Hatsan model 95 in .25 caliber .

I am a Forum User
    Should do just fine. I've killed several squirrels with my .17 cal pellet gun

I didn't want to go too small I have a .22 pellet rifle and do good with it for squirrel so just thought better to be safe as I don't want an animal to suffer .

MGO Board of Directors

I got a .22 Hatsun fairly recently to get rid of red squirrels and the chipmunks that are causing damage around my hose and property. I got this one: https://www.airgundepot.com/hatsan-m...-qe-mod87.html

The scope is cheap, and kinda sucks but holds zero. Other than that, I have been happy with it. Its pretty accurate to about 40 yards (farthest shot on my spot). I can say that it turned a squirrel inside out (figuratively, of course), its more powerful than I thought it would be, and louder too!
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

Always a good thing to find a cheaper way to get outdoors and not harm our ears , I started watching some of the YouTube videos and made my mind up since the cost of ammo and such is out of this world lately . I know these pellet rifles are not like the toys we grew up with in the 60's and 70's . I did get the Hatsan Model 95 Vortex in the .25 and man what an accurate rifle out of the box with open fiber sights and an amazing trigger , It will definitely do more than what I want for pest and hunting .

I am a Forum User
    That's another reason to reload. For the price of good pellet rifle, you can a low-end reloader to start with.

That is a good idea but not everyone has a safe place to store and do their reloading and I am one sadly to say and I would not feel to confident doing it .