Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I am a Forum User

Record Amount of Anti Second Amendment Legislation Introduced in Texas!

Probably just the tip of the iceberg.
    Record Amount of Gun Control Legislation Introduced on First Day of Bill Pre-Filing for 2021 Texas Legislative Session

NRA-ILA
    November 10th. 2020

Although the 2021 session of the Texas Legislature convenes on January 12, gun control advocates financed by New York billionaire Michael Bloomberg and Beto "Hell Yeah, I'll Take Your Guns" O'Rourke wasted no time in announcing their declaration of war on your Second Amendment rights in the Lone Star State. Monday was the first day for the pre-filing of bills, and more than three dozen measures attacking your rights have already been introduced!

Here are some of the highlights of what's to come:

• House Bill 52 & House Bill 245 BANNING private firearms sales at gun shows.
    • House Bill 118 BANNING private firearms transfers between certain family members and friends, requiring FFLs to process these transactions that would include federal paperwork for government approval at an undetermined fee.
    • House Bill 127 BANNING long gun open carry with limited exceptions.
    • House Bill 164 & House Bill 395 red flag GUN CONFISCATION legislation requiring firearms surrender without due process.
    • House Bill 172 & House Bill 241 BANNING the sale or transfer and possession of commonly-owned semi-automatic firearms.
    • House Bill 178 & House Bill 234 BANNING the sale or transfer and possession of standard capacity magazines that hold more than 10 rounds.
    • House Bill 185 MANDATING firearms to be stored in locked gun cases, safes or cabinets.
    • House Bill 196 REPEALING key elements of Texas' Castle Doctrine law, including stand your ground and no-duty-to-retreat.
    • House Bill 201 REPEALING Texas' Campus Carry law.
    • House Bill 231 RAISING THE MINIMUM AGE for purchase of semi-automatic rifles and shotguns.
    • House Bill 236 GUTTING the "30.06 and 30.07" signage requirements for businesses and making it easier for establishments to ban License To Carry holders from their premises.
    • House Bill 238 REPEALING the state firearms preemption law and allowing local governments to restrict guns as they please.

That's after ONE day of pre-filing. Gun owners need to send a resounding message to their state lawmakers in opposition to these gun control bills RIGHT AWAY. Please contact your State Representative and urge them to OPPOSE any and all gun control measures and feel free to list these specifically.

I am a Forum User
    Name:  txleg.jpg
Views: 309
Size:  14.7 KB

I am a Forum User
    For now.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokepole View Post
    For now.
    The GOP still has the trifecta in Texas post-2020 elections.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
    The GOP still has the trifecta in Texas post-2020 elections.
    They do.
    ...But "IIRC" their dominance is waning.

MGO Member
    For now.
    And for whatever that’s worth anymore.

I am a Forum User
    They do.
    ...But "IIRC" their dominance is waning.
    You could say that about control of most any political body.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
    You could say that about control of most any political body.
    But, I'm not saying that about "any political body",I'm saying that about Texas.

Why Republicans may lose Texas

Texas is the archetypal conservative state, especially since it claims the mantle as having the most electoral votes for Republican candidates. Its fast growing economy and population are signs that its small government approach works. However, there is compelling evidence that in addition to data showing Texas is being pushed to the left thanks to migration from blue states, internal state migration is also changing the political map.

There are more than just interstate and international factors turning Texas blue. Like a variety of states with vibrant rural and urban areas within their borders, Texas itself is surprisingly divided. As a result, internal migration within the state itself provides as much pressure toward its future division as Californians and Mexican immigrants. On the whole, rural areas across the country are losing density. The rural population of the United States is about 60 million, almost exactly the same as it stood at the end of World War Two. The result is that this share of the total population has dropped from nearly half of the country back then to just under a fifth today. The urban population of the United States, meanwhile, has almost tripled.
    Why the GOP hold on Texas is loosening

The record surge of early voting in Texas' rapidly growing cities and inner suburbs, which on Friday helped power the state past its total votes cast during the entire 2016 election, likely marks the end of unchallenged Republican dominance in America's second largest state -- a seismic shift in the nation's electoral landscape.

Even if President Donald Trump retains enough rural strength to hold Texas in Tuesday's election, which many still consider the most likely outcome, the swelling voter turnout in and around the increasingly Democratic-leaning cities of Houston, Dallas, Austin, San Antonio and Fort Worth points toward a return to political competition in the state after more than two decades of almost uninterrupted Republican ascendancy.

"If the explosive growth in the urban centers and suburbs continues [for Democrats] that will be the whole ballgame," says Richard Murray, a longtime political scientist at the University of Houston who has forecast the 1 million vote metro advantage for Biden.

Losing Texas -- either next week or in 2024 -- would register in Republican circles as a uniquely powerful earthquake that would rattle their confidence in the party's direction and message, many GOP insiders agree.

I am a Forum User
    Texas will be fine once AOC eliminates oil & beef from the U.S.