Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

Question Are Pistol Caliber Lever Guns ....

Are pistol caliber lever guns made of gold? WTF!!!
    $1000-$1500 for a Marlin?

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by OneSQ View Post
    Are pistol caliber lever guns made of gold? WTF!!!
    $1000-$1500 for a Marlin?
    With Joe, it's all you'll be able to own

Quote Originally Posted by .38special View Post
    With Joe, it's all you'll be able to own
    Don’t fool yourself, they want all your guns... BB guns too, some look real scary!
    Active airport shooter

MGO Member
    A few years ago I thought I'd try to find one of the Marlin levers in 41 mag that were made in the 90's. Found a few, starting around $1500 and one person in Florida had one NIB asking $3000. Probably got it, just not from me.

MGO Member
    Gotta look around when there isn't high demand for such things. Deer season being in process really brings the prices up and availability becomes a problem as well.

I know .450 BM and .44 rifles are being sold at a ridiculous rate by some of the shops around me.

MGO Member
    The JM stamped Marlins are "preferred" and people want a premium over the remlin versions. We'll see how Ruger affects it once they start producing rifles.
    I think the Henry's can be had for a fair amount less money.
    I aim to misbehave ~Malcolm Reynolds
    Favorite Shooting Podcast

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by j-squared View Post
    The JM stamped Marlins are "preferred" and people want a premium over the remlin versions. We'll see how Ruger affects it once they start producing rifles.
    Just a shout out, Henry makes a nice rifle! I've got a big boy in .44 mag and a youth. 22lr and they are by far my favorite shooters

Quote Originally Posted by j-squared View Post
    I would predict ruger produced marlin brand lever guns in a year to be as nice as the pre remington stuff, or close enough its not worth the hassle to chase down JM stuff, just order new exactly the way you want it.

Henry has the side gate loading now so that was the thing I liked best about marlin, so be sure to look at the side gate loading henry stuff.

Unless there is a special configuration you just are lusting over.

MGO Member
    Henry does make a decent rifle in pistol calibers.

The main reason pistol caliber lever guns are expensive, very few pistol caliber rifles were produced by Marlin and Winchester.

Quote Originally Posted by .38special View Post
    Just a shout out, Henry makes a nice rifle! I've got a big boy in .44 mag and a youth. 22lr and they are by far my favorite shooters
    I have a Henry Big Boy in .38/.357; absolutely love it! If you can find one, I think prices are still around $800. They are well made, accurate, and a joy to shoot.

I also have a Remlin/Marlington in .44 Magnum. Not as nice as the Henry, but still well made, accurate, and fun.

Handloading for both can push each round up to some very impressive performance.
    Life is too serious to take too seriously.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    Celebrate Recovery! Member & Group Coach

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast