Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    MGO Member
    Plenty of 40s on my personal shelves.
    Buy it cheap and stock it deep. And probably more reloads then factory rds.

I guess RifleGuy doesn't like me, I have 3 guns in .40 caliber.
    Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by gjgalligan View Post
    Plenty of 40s on my personal shelves.
    Buy it cheap and stock it deep. And probably more reloads then factory rds.

I guess RifleGuy doesn't like me, I have 3 guns in .40 caliber.
    Hmmm,. Always respected you, Sir, but I'm giving you the ol' side-eye now.

I don't know why the .40 never 'clicked' with me. I love shooting 9mm, love the .45 ACP; the .40 splits the difference and gives the best of both. Plus, it's an easy swap up to a 10mm from there, which is another huge point in it's favor.

Been a long time; I should probably give it a go again.

I guess when it came out in 1990 I saw it as a solution looking for a problem. It was an unnecessary niche round with a bumpy start. But, in the last 30 years (good grief!) it has certainly earned a place for itself.
    Life is too serious to take too seriously.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    Celebrate Recovery! Member & Group Coach

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RifleGuy View Post
    Hmmm,. Always respected you, Sir, but I'm giving you the ol' side-eye now. .
    Glad it is just side-eye and not stink-eye!
    Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.

Still on the shelf here.....

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fullmann View Post
    In 2010 they were all gone. But, 40 was the first to come back in stock with any volume.

With the push to get away from 40 lately though, I’d guess not so much this time. I think it’s going to be a long time before we get anything “back in stock”, at least at regular levels.
    In 2010, it was the prevailant choice for police agencies. not any more.

MGO Member
    I guess when it came out in 1990 I saw it as a solution looking for a problem. It was an unnecessary niche round with a bumpy start. But, in the last 30 years (good grief!) it has certainly earned a place for itself.
    40 was the answer provided to the request to put rifles in police cars (after the LA bank robbery where robbers slowly walked away in armor)

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Coctailer View Post
    Still on the shelf here.....
    What don't you have now?

Pandemic + political disaster = not your average ammo shortage!
    Active airport shooter

MGO Member
    My primary carry gun is a Glock 23. I have the original 40SW barrel, a 357 Sig barrel, and a 9mm Lone so
    F barrel. I usually carry with 357 Sig ammo and have a good supply of that.
    (Prop boy close to 1k rounds on hand). The other barrels give me the ability to switch based on ammo availability. The added bonus is they all sight pretty much the same at 25 yards.

My second carry pistol is a Sig 229. Also in 357 Sig and with a 40SW barrel. Again a couple of barrels in the same firearm give me options based on availability.

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

Hmmm,. Always respected you, Sir, but I'm giving you the ol' side-eye now.

I don't know why the .40 never 'clicked' with me. I love shooting 9mm, love the .45 ACP; the .40 splits the difference and gives the best of both. Plus, it's an easy swap up to a 10mm from there, which is another huge point in it's favor.

Been a long time; I should probably give it a go again.

I wasn't interested in .40 and was only going to keep my usp compact for the sentimental value of it being my first pistol and kind of a mistake...
    but then last fall I found a beretta 9000s for 250, and then in the spring i found a police trade-in gen 4 glock 22 with night sights for 250... so Now I'm shooting some .40 again.
    And that works, because last summer somebody on mgo was selling like 400 rds of mixed target and social ammo for cheap...
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast