Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by .38special View Post
    Desert eagle should do ya
    Should work fine.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by gjgalligan View Post
    If you "shoot random loud squirrels" you don't stand much chance of seeing any deer.
    I just love these words of wisdom.

I have watched deer watching hunters sighting in, seen them come out on my range while shooting, had them come out minutes after another hunter walked by my blind,shot them back when I smoked in my stand or peed off my tree stand.

Tell me more of what I need to do to get a deer this year.

BTW... I take my GP100 6" .357 to my blind but haven't used it on a deer yet.

My carry gun goes in the woods with me as well as in the store or restaurant.
    I used to hunt solely with a Super Blackhawk when I was hunting a dense cedar swamp, but now I use a long gun for hunting and handgun for plinking/targets or self defense only.

I have watched deer watching hunters sighting in, seen them come out on my range while shooting, had them come out minutes after another hunter walked by my blind,shot them back when I smoked in my stand or peed off my tree stand.
    I almost lost my morning coffee reading this. I understand it totally
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrettJ View Post
    Should work fine.

How do you like that holster? Does it distribute the weight of that tank well?

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by coobie View Post
    Purchased Ruger match champion in 10 mm.I shoot underwood ammo 220 gr.hard cast
    I have a 629-1 but I wouldn’t mind shaving off a pound by getting maybe a glock 10mm. Might be my next purchase. 😃

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yndotguy View Post
    How do you like that holster? Does it distribute the weight of that tank well?
    Weight distribution is good. But overall I'd just rate the holster as OK, not great. The issues I have should be easily fixed though. I've got two primary issues with it:

1. The holster rides up when drawing the gun. There is a tension screw, but the seude interior tends to grab at the gun, no matter how loose the screw is set. This requires a 2-handed draw, with the left hand holding the holster. If not done correctly, it's easy to sweep your left hand with the muzzle when drawing. I need to take a strip of leather and sew in a loop to attach the holster to a waste belt to keep it from riding up.

2. The trigger guard portion of the holster covers the front of the upper half of the grip. Because of this, one must draw gripping with only the 4th and 5th fingers on the bottom of the grip until the gun has partially cleared the holster and the other fingers can wrap around the grip. The flap could be cut back and still completely cover the trigger guard.

While the holster was advertised as being designed for the Desert Eagle - and it does fit that gun - I believe it is a more generic design that also happens to fit this model. I have found it works great for carrying a Ruger Blackhawk, for example. Due to the different grip / trigger geometry of the revolver, I can get a full grip on that gun. And due to the shape of the revolver, less surface is in direct contact with the interior surface of the holster, which means the holster grips that gun less tightly, leading to a better draw.

I may end up working on the holster over the weekend and see if I can make the changes I noted. I am planning on hauling this brick along to hunt with this year... just because I can!

Eta: here’s how it looks with a Blackhawk.
    Last edited by GarrettJ; 11-13-2020 at 10:29 AM.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Leader View Post
    I just love these words of wisdom.

Tell me more of what I need to do to get a deer this year.

BTW... I take my GP100 6" .357 to my blind but haven't used it on a deer yet.
    Oh, come on, Leader. You should know that white tail deer can only hear the gunshots directed towards "random loud squirrels" and are NEVER scared away due to things like ... oh ... other hunters shooting at white tail deer.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yndotguy View Post
    I have a 629-1 but I wouldn’t mind shaving off a pound by getting maybe a glock 10mm. Might be my next purchase. ��
    I also purchased a Glock in 10 mm this year love it..

I am a Forum User
    I carry an encore with a 15" 460 S&W barrel. Topped with a burris 2-7. It does a fine job.

I am a Forum User
    Smith 329PD
    Galco Phoenix crossdraw

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12