Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I am a Forum User
    Hunted Capac in the morning. Bucks chasing does all morning.

I dropped a decent 5 point at 7:40am, 250yds, 450bm, DRT.

Another hunter in our party took his first deer on his first hunt ever, 4pt.

I am currently taking a break from butchering both.

3rd hunter, missed one and put 2 450bm rounds (kinda far back) into a very big buck, it kept running never found it with thunderstorms moving through. I would have kept looking until dark, he had other plans. Kinda bummed about how it went down. I know he is too, but I would have put more effort into it. However cold and wet we were.

I am a Forum User
    I messed up,... got deer processed and forgot to keep the head, now I can't get the kid his patch, might have to go get another deer just for that..... and a fuller freezer

MGO Member
    2020 Deer season so far for me...

Sunday Nov 15 was a washout, pouring rain and high winds, and the power went out. The only upside was that the power came back on 10 minutes after we got the generator up and running. Loaned the now unneeded generator to a buddy whose estimate for power returning was Wednesday the 18th by 3PM, he needed it way more than we did.

Monday Nov 16 went out in the morning and saw no deer. Went back out in the afternoon and saw no deer again.

Tuesday Nov 17 went out in the morning and saw 3 deer that were either in the safety zone of the neighbor's pole barn or were moving too fast in the woods. Decided to skip the afternoon hunt by spending the afternoon napping on the couch with the dogs.

Wednesday Nov 18 went out in the morning and saw a small spike right after first light. He looked at me, I looked at him, he ran back into the woods. About 8:30 I shot a large bodied spike. The DNR at Rose Lake said he was a 1 1/2 year old. I dropped him off at the processor this afternoon and I'm looking forward to picking up steaks, burger, sausage and snack sticks in a couple of weeks.

I hope you all make the best of a very strange year and stay safe in the woods.

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by .38special View Post
    I messed up,... got deer processed and forgot to keep the head, now I can't get the kid his patch, might have to go get another deer just for that..... and a fuller freezer
    Go to a processor. They will have heads stacked in the dumpster.
    For as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom — for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.
    MGO Life Member, NRA Life Member, MOC Member.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilt Guy View Post
    Go to a processor. They will have heads stacked in the dumpster.
    I might have to, they want $50 for one online.

A lot of rain, lightning, wind and trees falling kept most hunters out of the woods. Its didn't seem to stop bucks from moving, Saw 5 bucks 1 doe opening day,
    State land buck,
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "dying ain't much of a living boy"

I am a Forum User
    3rd holler on the right then up the road a piece.
    Last edited by Hawgrider; 11-23-2020 at 07:23 AM.

MGO Board of Directors

I only saw one small 4 point on the 15th for about a minute, then he got of sniff of something and took off. Nothing the rest of the time. The wind was crazy up in Kalkaska, I tied off my blind to a tree so it would be there the next morning even though it was staked down quite well. I had a 4" piece of dead fall come down about 2 feet from my blind and just missed my propane tank on Sunday as well.

I did find a nice new spot, one that a full size truck cant get to (public land, and I got bumped from my normal spot I had the last 4 years). I had to 2 point turn my Jeep to get through and it was really tight.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by .38special View Post
    I might have to, they want $50 for one online.
    At this point id offer anyone a trade for a patch? Ammo even
    Only reason it matters to me, is it was his first deer. I want to put it on the vest I bought him 4 weeks ago and he wore, then gift it to him (bought an adult size hoping it stays with him)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast