Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

CQB 101: Stay off the Wall (video link)

When I started to put this shot together old training days were not at the forefront of my mind. By the end, a lot of memories and important information had moved straight to the front burner.

As shooters we like to avoid the Ricochet. For this shot I created a controlled environment but in the real world things can turn terribly bad with an errant shot.
    Shooting environments dictate the severity of a flyer.
    At the range; a miss is a miss.
    LEO in the City; a miss or through shot will continue like a stone skipping across a pond just looking for collateral.

A majority of CQB situations occur where absorbent materials are the norm. Buildings with drywall and wood or soft plastics. Some places dirt is the primay material. In box shaped rooms you're generally shooting 90° to a wall. Hallways in larger building are another story. The angles flatten and the danger increases.

What the Ricochet really brought me back to was Ships. Shooting inside a tin can is a recipe for disaster. Stay off the wall. Pistol or shotgun were the choice of tools for that job. Anyone sending a round traveling 3000' per second was just asking for a donkey punch.

The fight was from knee knocker to knee knocker. Short distances where angles were everything. .. and bounding.

An egg would be a fair representation of the Human eye. The results from this video would be a high percentage fatality.

Off on a bit of a ride there but some of these shots have unique resemblances to Charlie Actual.

I'll reel myself back in here. Hope ya'll like the shot!

SicVic

https://youtu.be/s_oxF959RCg

That was very cool!

Nice demonstration

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by bae125 View Post
    That was very cool!

Nice demonstration

Thank you.
    I was pretty shocked at the energy the bullet retained after departing the steel .

Vic

Excellent! Once again you cause me great envy!
    I'm glad I'm old and won't have to live very long under the tyranny that has begun.

I am a Forum User
    I'm pretty certain they would allow this at your local indoor ranges.

Walk in with a big chunk of steel, yell cease fire, walk down, set up and commence to slang'n lead.

I am fortunate here but I did go through the pains of paying big dollar$ to shoot at over packed short ranges in California for a long time.
    $200 per year for 25 yard indoor was the lowest and that was Military Discount.
    It went all the way up to $10,000 from there I think. (Poway Gun Range)

I will be taking full advantage here. I'm even thinking about getting it today in the wind and snow. I'll give it a 10% chance. Lol

Thanks again! !

Ummmmmm.... would a double ricochette work?
    I'm glad I'm old and won't have to live very long under the tyranny that has begun.

Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    Ummmmmm.... would a double ricochette work?
    My money is on Vic!

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by tenthumbs View Post
    My money is on Vic!
    Confidence is key they say.

I'll try to see if I can work this shot out. The double Ricochet.

I know it's a crossbow and it sure isn't me doing the shooting but the triple ricochette starts at 2:46

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast