Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What in your behavior will change post election???

So if the Democraps actually end up in the white house..... How will that change your behavior in anticipation of a very different regulatory environment???

Buy more guns? Sell certain guns??? Sell/buy ammo??? Sell/buy magazines???

Move overseas??? What???

Mark

I'm going to stop being so snarky and dismissive of others on the internet. The Repub candidate for President has lost the popular vote 5/6 times in the last 20 years, even if Biden cheated to the point that Trump would've won the popular vote not just the Electoral College that is still a loss 66% of the time. You gain nothing but vain self-satisfaction "owning" someone for internet clout. Someone has to end the cycles of hatred and violence and I'm going to be the change I want to see in the world.

Your average R and D voters have more in common than they do not, I work with people who are of the mindset that private citizens should be able to own Tomahawk Cruise Missiles, but voted Biden because they didn't want to lose their public assistance. I might disagree with them on healthcare but we certainly agree on guns and I want them on our side fighting Officer Harris when the time comes. There are most certainly Nazis on our side, a very small amount of them that we get slandered for. I am not a Nazis nor do I think I know any actual Nazis, so I'm not going to assume just because someone else is on the other side of the political compass Y-axis that they get tingly in their no-no regions thinking about being spit-roasted by Chairman Mao and Karl Marx.

I want everyone to believe the 2A is an absolute Human Right, be they a Randian Objectivist, Nazi, Communist, Black Supremacist, Exalted Cyclops in the KKK, I don't care. Our enemy are the Oligarchs in DC who have been rescinding our rights in a bi-partisan measure at an alarming rate since 2001, and I don't care what letter someone puts in parenthesis after their name if they also view the erosion of our rights as a bad thing they are my ally. And if they don't, or especially if they are saying things that show they do but don't realize it yet I'm going to speak to them as a fellow human being with empathy and understanding in hopes of getting them to understand that the people they are voting for are the ones causing the problems they are lamenting.

A Bernie-Bro who buys an AR to defend himself because he thinks the Proud Boys are going to kick down his door and beat him to death with his own Bad Dragon collection for being a Sodomite is a greater ally to me than a Trump supporter who thinks "you don't need 30 rounds to hunt a deer!"

I am a Forum User
    I think for me I’ll slow down on my buying and shift towards some of the guns that have long been on my list but ignored while I stocked up on all the stuff that I might not be able to get down the road. Over the next couple of years. I’d like a couple of lever guns a Henry in a pistol caliber and a JM Marlin in 45/70, a higher end all weather deer rifle, Colt Series 70 Gold Cup, original S&W 586, I’ve always wanted a gallery gun chambered in .22 short.
    Right now I have three suppressors that just went into NFA jail and I’d like to add a few more standard capacity mags but I’m pretty well set.

Yikes

Quote Originally Posted by mittenman View Post
    I think for me I’ll slow down on my buying and shift towards some of the guns that have long been on my list but ignored while I stocked up on all the stuff that I might not be able to get down the road. Over the next couple of years. I’d like a couple of lever guns a Henry in a pistol caliber and a JM Marlin in 45/70, a higher end all weather deer rifle, Colt Series 70 Gold Cup, original S&W 586, I’ve always wanted a gallery gun chambered in .22 short.
    Right now I have three suppressors that just went into NFA jail and I’d like to add a few more standard capacity mags but I’m pretty well set.
    You're pretty well set since all those will skirt under Uncle Bad-Touch's radar. I want to get either a Remington 700 CDL SF or Winchester Model 70 Super Grade Maple in 7mm Mag, Browning BAR Safari in .25-06, and a Mossberg 930 in .410 but I might put those off depending on finances in order to get anything Officer Harris and her Corpse Golem might be able to outlaw first.

Quote Originally Posted by JDeko View Post
    I'm going to stop being so snarky and dismissive of others on the internet. The Repub candidate for President has lost the popular vote 5/6 times in the last 20 years, even if Biden cheated to the point that Trump would've won the popular vote not just the Electoral College that is still a loss 66% of the time. You gain nothing but vain self-satisfaction "owning" someone for internet clout. Someone has to end the cycles of hatred and violence and I'm going to be the change I want to see in the world.

Your average R and D voters have more in common than they do not, I work with people who are of the mindset that private citizens should be able to own Tomahawk Cruise Missiles, but voted Biden because they didn't want to lose their public assistance. I might disagree with them on healthcare but we certainly agree on guns and I want them on our side fighting Officer Harris when the time comes. There are most certainly Nazis on our side, a very small amount of them that we get slandered for. I am not a Nazis nor do I think I know any actual Nazis, so I'm not going to assume just because someone else is on the other side of the political compass Y-axis that they get tingly in their no-no regions thinking about being spit-roasted by Chairman Mao and Karl Marx.

I want everyone to believe the 2A is an absolute Human Right, be they a Randian Objectivist, Nazi, Communist, Black Supremacist, Exalted Cyclops in the KKK, I don't care. Our enemy are the Oligarchs in DC who have been rescinding our rights in a bi-partisan measure at an alarming rate since 2001, and I don't care what letter someone puts in parenthesis after their name if they also view the erosion of our rights as a bad thing they are my ally. And if they don't, or especially if they are saying things that show they do but don't realize it yet I'm going to speak to them as a fellow human being with empathy and understanding in hopes of getting them to understand that the people they are voting for are the ones causing the problems they are lamenting.

A Bernie-Bro who buys an AR to defend himself because he thinks the Proud Boys are going to kick down his door and beat him to death with his own Bad Dragon collection for being a Sodomite is a greater ally to me than a Trump supporter who thinks "you don't need 30 rounds to hunt a deer!"
    Well said. I think it's become unfortunately easy to just call everyone that doesn't agree with you a racist/facist/Nazi or a communist these days.

I know several friends who voted for Biden that know I'm not exactly his biggest fan because of my stance on firearm ownership and I have several friends that have no idea I'm an FFL and likely have no clue how some of Biden's policy would personally impact me. It's hard for me to argue with a family member telling me that the ACA is the only reason they can afford their child's insulin though.

I don't expect my behavior to change much as a result of the post election. I'll probably start actually attending some of the 2A rallies that will be coming up as the inevitable wave of gun control comes up.

Frankly, it's been the last several months leading up to the election and watching how people on both sides have acted that has reformed my thinking.
    MGO Member
    Ragnarok Arms, LLC in Saline, MI- Type 1 FFL
    www.ragnarokarms.com

Quote Originally Posted by JDeko View Post

Soooooo convoluted. The freebee crowd will ALWAYS vote for the freebees, and screw the rest of your supposed kismit. Your argument glosses over a lot of things TRYing to focus on the pro 2A and picking the odd few firmly attached to the gov teet compared to some fuds. I bet the two populations differ in ways that won't allow them to share votes/candidates beyond your extremely narrow 2A focus.

I have two low-round count AR's that I'm going to wipe down and sell.
    Value is up on them right now; it's time to get out of that game for the time being.
    My only other 'high capacity' firearm is a Glock 19. I'm happy to let that go as well.

I've been moving into bolt-action rifles the last couple years.

I'm cashing out my GM pension and paying my house off in January... I'll be debt free once the mortgage is gone.

I'm stocking up on canning jars and lids, citric acid, canning salt, and dry goods like flour, rice, beans, pasta.... long term food preservation. Nothing nuts, but I like to have at least 6 months of emergency rations on hand... a leftover from childhood.

Other than that, nothing really changes unless I am forced into it.

I'm still going to try to help neighbors and strangers, still going to go to church, still going to try to live my life quietly and peacefully, and mind my own business.
    Last edited by RifleGuy; 11-18-2020 at 06:55 PM.
    Life is too serious to take too seriously.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    Celebrate Recovery! Member & Group Coach

I have all my major bad boy black gun boxes tick marked, but anyone with money burning a hole in their pocket should go buy a dozen ar15 and similar black rifle receivers, ar15, ak47 receivers, 30 cal mags, but most important is the receivers. Stack em deep, for you and your kids, hold off on the new shot gun or bolt action for a few years.

I have have two spikes tactical sitting around, I should probably buy at least 4-5 cheap 50 buck receivers, and a couple ak bent receivers. those are 60-100.

If you have two boys, def buy them 2 AR15 Aero, Anderson, whatever you can get your hands on, 2 ak receivers then when they have some money in a couple years they can build stuff their friends cannot even get their hands on.

I just scooped up 650 rds of steel core 5.56 on the cheap. only paid 30 cents per round.

I need more ammo than I need more rifles, its just now is a poor time to buy. So I will just scoop up deals as they are presented to me.

I'll start complaining that the Republicans aren't doing enough to obstruct the antigun agenda instead of complaining that they aren't doing anything for gun owners.
    Just me

Instructor: Basic Pistol, PPIH, PPOH, Hunter Safety
    NRA Life Member
    President of the Chippewa County Shooting Association

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast