Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

I am a Forum User

Savage makes Rifle for shooting around corners (video link)

Don't hate on me now... It is a Savage and it did shoot around a corner.

Been thinking about this shot for awhile now.

Logistically it has been a Mutha tough pull off.

First the pipe that I could bend by hand was not strong enough to contain the bullet.
    Next was getting the pipe to stay in one spot if I did get a bullet in there.

In previous attempts, a close miss just destroyed everything.

It finally all came together.

My Dad helped me heat and bend thicker galvanized pipe.
    I cut a big chunk off a tree stump and drilled a hole so the pipe could be supported.

Covering all the mounting stuff in dirt then having it freeze overnight also helped.

I had first shot sucess on this video but I also shot everything to pieces on a previous attempt two days ago.
    I love this shot. I scoured the Tube and couldn't find one like it.

The crazy thing is the hole that gets punched in the egg.
    I think it's more from and concussion coming out of the pipe than the fragments.
    It's almost a perfect quarter sized hole and the eggs stay mostly intact.

It's Dope; nuff said. What do ya'll think???

Let me know how the video quality is. I loaded it differently and we don't have good signal at the house.

Oh, and I was just having fun on the Titles play on words.

Yeah Buddy!

https://youtu.be/YEd3e5jDU24

https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-Krummlauf

https://www.quora.com/Have-humans-in...-could-be-bent

Step up to at least a schedule 40 steel pipe, get away from the galvanized, too weak.

Then chamber it in something that has a squarer length to diameter ratio. Less strain on the bullet in the barrel.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

I am a Forum User
    Pretty cool contraptions have been conceived to address the issue of exposure in corners.
    My system is more like the Banglador Torpedo breaching charge. You need some fool with giant Cajones to set it up first. Lol

The strength of the pipe was definitely one of the issues. Another was holding the pipe stable. I tried several ways. It ended up mounted in a bench vise, buried in dirt, staked in the ground with 1/4" rebar, a drilled out tree trunk then waiting till the ground to freeze for things to hold.

In initial testing I did shoot one arm clean off the bench vice. It's never easy.

R RBaller; I should employ you to figure out these shots in advance. I can tell you have the mind for it and it would save a lot of Bench Vises from being injured on my end.

Keep it Sic