Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I am a Forum User

S&W 645 resale value

I have a S&A 645 in mint condition with Hogue Brand Rosewood grips ( smooth not checkered)
    I trade a Nickel Plated S&W Model 29 with a 6 inch barrel revolver for it even up back in 2004 from a retired Denver State Detective who received it upon retirement.
    I have fired less then 500 hundred rounds through it since I received it and the fit and finish is like new. It came with 8 -8 round clips. I have seen clips for this pistol run from $30 to $40 each. Most of them have the yellow flower if that makes a difference.
    I am curious as to what this pistol and the extra clips might be worth. I do not have the original grips or the factory box or manual.
    I have like new Galco "Vertical" Holster for mounting to a Galco Shoulder Holster Rig that I would consider selling with the pistol. I went with a vertical shoulder holster due to the length of the pistol. I had tried the horizontal type first and found it printed too much for concealment.
    I have not gone to the range or done any shooting in a few years now do to health reasons and I feel it might be time for me to sell off most of my firearm collection.
    Any help you folks could pass along will be appreciated.

I am a Forum User
    Hey there,
    You might want to take a look on GunBroker, there are a couple 645's in nice condition there right now. Use that as a bellweather. From what I've seen, $625-ish is average value for a normal, lightly used one right now. If yours is cherry, you might get another hundred or so on top of that.

I would down value the mags a bit if you want to include them as a total package. It'll make the package much more attractive. I'd say add $10-15 each for 6 of the mags, figure 2 should come with the gun. I wouldn't go over $20 each if I was looking for a fast sale. As far as the shoulder holster, knock 30% off whatever retail is for it and someone should bite.

At least that's where I would start. Hope it helps.