Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

Do all P320 Mags Suck?

Just wondering if anyone is having issues with their P320 mags?

I bought a used P320 X-Carry and went to the range yesterday where all three mags started to choke. The gun ran flawlessly for 16 rounds but on the 17th, it became a different story. The gun would not load the last round in the mag. The round would go half way up the feedramp and then jam the gun. I could not rack the gun to get the round in the camber. I had to strip the mag, rack the slide to clear the jam and then insert a fresh mag. All three mags malfunctioned like this. I tried both round nose and flat nose, but both had the same result.

Anyone have the same problem?

I am a Forum User
    Are they Sig mags or aftermarket? I've never had an issue with Sig P320 mags.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by GreaseMonkeySRT View Post
    Are they Sig mags or aftermarket? I've never had an issue with Sig P320 mags.
    from what I was told and inspecting them, they appear to be genuine Sig mags.

MGO Member
    Sig P320 mags are definitely overpriced - but I have never had a problem with a genuine Sig mag feeding the last round in any of my 320's.
    I aim to misbehave ~Malcolm Reynolds
    Favorite Shooting Podcast

I am a Forum User
    the USA made ones are trash. You want the ones stamped ITALY on them. Check-Mate somehow got part of the contract and their mags blow goats

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by dwcopple View Post
    the USA made ones are trash. You want the ones stamped ITALY on them. Check-Mate somehow got part of the contract and their mags blow goats
    This confirms what I have been hearing from other people. I am going to try to get some Italian made mags.

I am a Forum User
    Make sure that your ejector isn't bent up, if you or someone else has been shooting using longer mags with no mag sleeve to stop over-insertion travel then it is ever so easy to bend the ejector.

I am a Forum User
    Back in the days around 2012 I bought a sig P226 TACOPS in 40 SW and the 4 mags that came with the gun (had some rough phosphate finish) were contracted by a mag manufacturer in the USA (I forgot the name) and the 4 mags that came with the gun were a complete failure.. I was so worried that the gun was bad or had a major issue. i contacted SIG and they sent me 4 new mags that were apparently made by another manufacturer as they were blued and shiny. Sig at that time took a big hit on the quality and the mag reputation. I hoped that they have learned their lesson from that experience.

Now that said I had a p320 X5 that came with 4 mags and I bought extra two mags and never had a problem with any of the mags. I compete in steel challenge and the P320 X5 is my steel race gun and the mags work flawlessly. Could it be that Sig is doing the same mistake they did back in 2012 and contracting the mags to a low quality manufacturer. I am not aware of that and would think that Sig should have learned their lesson from the past.

I am a Forum User
    Thanks for all the input

quick update:

I ordered Italian made mags that are reportedly higher quality than the US made SIG mags. I should get them in a week or so. I also spoke to SIG and they want me to send them pistol. I am going to test the Italian mags first to see if it is the pistol or the US made SIG mags. I will report back on the findings

I am a Forum User
    Did you get a chance to try out the new mags? I was looking at picking up some new ones for my p320.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast