Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Smith & Wesson Shield EZ Recall IMPORTANT

PRESS RELEASE FROM S & W

Smith & Wesson has identified two M&P Shield® EZ® Pistols on which the hammers manufactured by our supplier were cracked. In those firearms, the hammer failed to fully engage the sear, causing the round to fire, cycling the slide, and potentially resulting in multiple discharges without depressing the trigger. In all cases, the firearm will NOT fire unless the grip safety is depressed. While this condition has been found only in two hammers, and our investigation suggests that these two incidents are very isolated, any unintended discharge of a firearm has the potential to cause injury.

Therefore, we have established this Safety Recall as a precautionary measure to ensure that all M&P Shield EZ Pistols in service meet our design specifications.

This notice applies ONLY to M&P Shield EZ pistols (including Performance Center® models) manufactured between March 1, 2020 and October 31, 2020, and only to a small percentage of that population. It does NOT apply to all SHIELD™ pistols. Stop using your M&P Shield EZ pistol until you determine whether it is included in this safety recall, and if so, until it has been inspected and repaired by Smith & Wesson, if necessary.
    To determine whether your M&P Shield EZ Pistol is affected, click here: MPshieldEZrecall.com
    Last edited by MichiganShootist; 11-23-2020 at 05:04 PM.

In those firearms, the hammer failed to fully engage the sear, causing the round to fire, cycling the slide, and potentially resulting in multiple discharges without depressing the trigger.
    I'm trying to decide if this is a flaw or a feature.

Edit: Made hot. https://www.mpshieldezrecall.com/

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by tenthumbs View Post
    I'm trying to decide if this is a flaw or a feature.

Edit: Made hot. https://www.mpshieldezrecall.com/

I am a Forum User
    Had that happen to me once, with a S&W model 915. Was at the range went it decided to go full auto.
    Got a pretty funny look from the shooter in the next stall.

Held onto that pistol for just a short while, before sending her back to S&W.

I am a Forum User
    Thanks for posting. I just sent my customer info to their email.

They do a great job of getting the word out to dealers....

Going to sticky this post for a while, thanks!

Admin
    The Constitution is NOT dead. It's just being held captive.

DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

" It's not about the size of the circle, it's the loyalty in it. "

" A man’s rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box.” - Frederick Douglass

" When one with honeyed words but evil mind Persuades the mob, great woes befall the state." - Euripides, Orestes

" America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we lose our freedoms it will be because we have destroyed ourselves from within." - Unknown

DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.