Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I am a Forum User

Using Mark Lee Express Blue #1, excellent easy to use Hot rust bluing for your gun.

I have been using Mark Lee Express blue #1 for about 4 years now. Great stuff and easy to use. makes a very attractive black finish that is way more durable than any cold bluing process. All you need is a propane torch ( I use the oven for parts that fit), some boiling water, and something large enough to holt your part plus the water. I use 3" PVC for Barrels and receivers with soldered mag tubes and old large pots on the stove for smaller parts.
    Basically you buff off all of your old finish, I use metal scrubbing 3M pads. Once all of your finish is off clean the part so no oil or residue is present. heat the part up to around 200 deg. Rub on the Express blue and watch your part turn to rust. dump your part in boiling water for about 4 min. and watch your part turn from rust (red oxide) to black oxide. your part will be black and fuzzy. Card off the fuzz with extra fine steel wool or a stainless brush to get in the corners. repeat the process, usually 4 or 6 times. part will end up a gorgeous black hard finish. Barrels I plug with dowels, drop in the tube once rusty and pour boiling water over it till its covered. I have done about 9 shotguns and pistols. I have not yet done any rifles.
    if you search it on line you will get a more exact process. Great stuff.

I am a Forum User
    Thanks

If you need to borrow a camera let me know.
    Teachers leave them kids alone
    Hey! teacher! leave us kids alone!