Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I am a Forum User

(Added Pics) Chopping revolver barrel not as scary as they make it out to be.

If you wan to make your revolver more cancelable, chop the barrel. I had a S&W 681 I got cheep. I chopped the barrel to 3" with a hacksaw filed it flat by hand, crowned it with a brass screw and some compound. Cut in a dovetail for the front sight with a safety file (no teeth on the bottom). Added a low profile dovetail front sight. polished it all up. accuracy of my pistol did not change (go down). If you want the end of the barrel recessed you can rent the tool for that but I wanted to keep this on the cheep. Gun look very sharp when done with a set of round butt grips. I converted the frame from square to round with a belt sander. just put the new grips on sanded it down till I hit the grips. polished the frame back up and touch up the grips. This was my winter carry gun until I found a 2 1/2" 686 plus used cheep.

I will work on finding Photos as I do not have the little revolver anymore. I polished it up mirror bright and my daughter put Florissant green fingernail polish in the lettering to match the new green fiber front sight.[IMG]681 chopped 1 by eric terpsma, on Flickr[/IMG]
    [IMG]681 chopped 2 by eric terpsma, on Flickr[/IMG]
    url=https://flic.kr/p/2kaZxP5][/url]681 chopped 3 by eric terpsma, on Flickr
    Last edited by M-G-W-N; 11-27-2020 at 10:16 AM. Reason: add pic

MGO Member
    Show us this bad boy. I'm intrigued.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sledhead View Post
    Show us this bad boy. I'm intrigued.
    Yes. How could you not show a picture after that write up?

We'll be around to collect your gunsmith union dues soon. lol
    Teachers leave them kids alone
    Hey! teacher! leave us kids alone!

MGO Member
    a S&W 681

I am a Forum User
    See attached photos of my baby................................that I sold for another