Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Thread: Lost Glock 27

I can't post links yet! Forum User

Lost Glock 27

I was walking in Mckinley after opening day in a clearcut with a shoulder holster. Well the snap broke and my Glock 27 fell out somewhere. I spent 3 days looking for it and i even had a metal detector one day. I know it is a long shot, but does anybody have a tracking dog that can find a gun? or a better idea for finding it?

Thanks for your help!

I am a Forum User
    If registered maybe think about reporting it in case someone finds it and commits an unlawful act. Someone else can chime in on this.

Get friends to help you look. More eyes.
    See if anyone has one of those magnetic "rakes" that roofers use to pick up nails on a job site. They are wide and strong.

The obvious is retrace your steps and bracket search areas as to not waste time.

Sorry this happened, my ideas are not great but may provide motivation to go back and try again.
    Also thought about posting a sign in the area but that kinda makes me nervous to.

May your Gundar be strong.
    Vic

Actually, a regular dog may find it for you just by letting it wander around sniffing as dogs do. They tend to be drawn to out of the ordinary things compared to surroundings...and if it smells like you from being under your pit your pet may locate it easier.

I am a Forum User
    this time of year there are tracking dogs available all over the state. http://www.michigandeertracking.com maybe try giving these guys a call and see what they say.

As weird as this may seem if you do find a gun that looks like your gun it may be wise to check the serial number ... before touching it... to make sure it is your gun.

Yeah the odds are really way out there that there are two Glocks laying in the woods. One is yours and the other was used in a crime. But it might be a good idea to make sure first.
    I'm glad I'm old and won't have to live very long under the tyranny that has begun.