Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

Ruger Blackhawk 41 magnum pistol with 694 rounds of reload ammo

Inherited this and have no idea what it's worth. Any idea? (sorry, couldn't get the photobucket site to embed the images)

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Rr1uswbSz6KuoLhb6

https://photos.app.goo.gl/s7GScFSMkce8SHA39
    Last edited by kread12; 11-26-2020 at 08:52 PM.

I am a Forum User

I am a Forum User
    Are there any markings on the ammo containers? Like what the load is? 41 mag is kind of a niche caliber. I have a Henry in 41 mag and have been having a hard time finding ammo for it. I actually just started reloading my own. Ruger still makes that pistol and I think new they are around 700$ but 41 may be hard sell if that what you are looking to do.

MGO Member
    Serial # would help with date of manufacture.
    Most people will not shoot a strangers handloads, so value is only for components to reload.
    7.5" barrel models bring the least money, compared to 4 5/8" and 6".
    Stop The Robberies Enjoy Safe Streets / You can't argue with slaves that don't know they're shackled.

I am a Forum User
    The number that appears to be the S/N is 41-26106, does this look correct?

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kread12 View Post
    The number that appears to be the S/N is 41-26106, does this look correct?
    That would make it produced in the last half of 1979.
    Stop The Robberies Enjoy Safe Streets / You can't argue with slaves that don't know they're shackled.

I am a Forum User
    Hey there,
    I like to use Genitron as a base point used estimates and then compare to what other guns are going for on sites like GunBroker or whatnot. Genitron has the used estimate at around $450. I often see these estimates a high based on local sales. Given the condition and the thumb wear, I'd say $400 is very fair value for both parties, but you may be able to get $450-500 out of someone really looking for one. There are some in nicer condition on GB going for that rate.

As to the reload pricing, it's nice that he marked them, the load listings are baseline loads going off of the Lee reloading manual I have. I wouldn't be afraid to shoot them so long as the info provided was accurate. Considering most ammo is going for double what it used to, using ammoseek current low pricing of $1.00/rd I'd say normal value of $.50/rd is fair under current conditions.

I'd say ~$750.00 for the bundle is a good deal given current conditions. You might want to add 10% and let someone talk you down to that amount. Hope that helps.

I am a Forum User
    Thanks everyone! Very helpful information.

MGO Member
    I still say....the reloaded ammo, is only worth the value of primed brass and bullets. Then you have your time for breaking down the components.
    Just because someone wrote something down, it can't eliminate equipment malfunctions or brain farts. Just me though, I don't shoot strangers reloads.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast