Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Legal Forum Contributor / Super Moderator esq_stu's Avatar

Gen3 vs Gen4 Glock magazines in the Ruger PC Carbine

Just got a PC Carbine on Black Friday. Made a discovery. When I slid the first (Gen3) Glock 19 mag in after changing the magwell I was like WTF. I went through a box of spare mags and some worked while some didn't. My Gen3 Glock magazines are too snug and do not drop free. My Gen4 mags do slide in easily and drop free. Not just the mag release notches are different - looking at them side-by-side the upper part of the mag has a slight ledge in the Gen3 mags that is not on the Gen4 mags. Never noticed it before.

I have Glock 26, 19, and 17, all Gen3 pistols, plus ARs and a Sub2000 in addition to the PC Carbine, all taking Glock mags, and I have many Glock mags. But I plan to go through all my Glock mags and segregate the Gen3 mags. In fact, I may have to get rid of them so I don't run into an issue in the future.
    Last edited by esq_stu; 11-29-2020 at 09:40 AM. Reason: edit title
    All the best,

--esq_stu
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Instructor: Basic Pistol, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home

The above comments are not intended to be and do not constitute legal advice to anyone.

If you decide to send the Gen III mag's to a new home, I'd appreciate a PM.... I'm rather interested.
    Life is too serious to take too seriously.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    Celebrate Recovery! Member & Group Coach

I am a Forum User
    mark mags that work in 1 firearm in some manner..so they're easy to match to gun they work in..
    maybe paint the mags that work all one color, to distinguish them from mags that won't work in that gun.

make it easy to see what mags to use.

Quote Originally Posted by joepistol View Post
    mark mags that work in 1 firearm in some manner..so they're easy to match to gun they work in..
    maybe paint the mags that work all one color, to distinguish them from mags that won't work in that gun.

make it easy to see what mags to use.
    Yes, got out a paint marker this morning once I figured out the issue. I may just set the Gen3's aside for range use only. I for sure don't want them mixed in with others in case SHTF and I need to rely on a 9mm long gun for SD.
    All the best,

--esq_stu
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Instructor: Basic Pistol, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home

The above comments are not intended to be and do not constitute legal advice to anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by esq_stu View Post
    Yes, got out a paint marker this morning once I figured out the issue. I may just set the Gen3's aside for range use only. I for sure don't want them mixed in with others in case SHTF and I need to rely on a 9mm long gun for SD.
    Speaking of SHTF and TEOTWAWKI, what bag are you using for carrying the PC9? I'm looking for something that will ride behind the truck seat, or locked it the DECKED box, without absolutely screaming 'firearm'.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

Quote Originally Posted by RifleGuy View Post
    Speaking of SHTF and TEOTWAWKI, what bag are you using for carrying the PC9? I'm looking for something that will ride behind the truck seat, or locked it the DECKED box, without absolutely screaming 'firearm'.
    Undecided but taken down it fits my Blackhawk tennis racket bag. The bag has a divider to divide the upper and lower.
    All the best,

--esq_stu
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by esq_stu View Post
    Undecided but taken down it fits my Blackhawk tennis racket bag. The bag has a divider to divide the upper and lower.
    I was looking at a similar bag by a different company... but I'm a fat, old guy and a tennis racquet looks very suspicious!

I was looking at a similar bag by a different company... but I'm a fat, old guy and a tennis racquet looks very suspicious!
    " It's not about the size of the circle, it's the loyalty in it. "

" A man’s rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box.” - Frederick Douglass

" When one with honeyed words but evil mind Persuades the mob, great woes befall the state." - Euripides, Orestes

" America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we lose our freedoms it will be because we have destroyed ourselves from within." - Unknown

DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

I never noticed this when I had mine, but had a mix of Gen4-5 mags...
    Active airport shooter

MGO Member
    I too am old/fat, but I have a system. I took some old fast food bags and a half eaten taco bell burrito that I lacquered and glued them to an old floor mat on the passenger side. The car already looks ransacked and my little arsenal is hidden in plain sight.
    Washtenaw Sportsman's Club member
    NRA Certified RSO (Thanks MGO)
    NRA Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast