Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    Fudd's are gunna Fudd I guess. Seems like these private clubs should stay open and just change a few rules.

I am a Forum User
    ..." The OCSC www site says the indoor range is closed until further notice. ."

I called today & spoke with Dan, the club manager. He told me ranges were all closed due to govt. (Governor's) decree..which started Nov 18th,
    & is in effect until Dec.9th. Bar area closed too. As according to what he said, a " Max. of 1 person " would be allowed on a range,
    & there's no way to monitor compliance, a decision was made to close the ranges.

It was his thought that the shutdown would be extended on or before Dec 9th. until ?
    Christmas ?... After New Year ?

Yes Dammit!Both Bogart's and BT's are closed! What am I to do?
    regards,
    Costanza
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, “You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.”

MGO Member
    Our club is open, since most of the ranges are outdoors, but it's members only. No indoor or public shoots all year.
    Washtenaw Sportsman's Club member
    NRA Certified RSO (Thanks MGO)
    NRA Member

Hell no! I’m lucky enough to be able to shoot on private property, away from the people who shoot holes in the ceiling, floor, lane dividers!! I get plenty of shooting time in at work if I want also, just tell the supervisor a deer is on the field.... lol
    Active airport shooter

I belong to 2 local to me clubs, both have out door ranges only and are opened to members.
    Events are still scheduled according to calendars with no notices of closure in the news letters.
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joepistol View Post

I called today & spoke with Dan, the club manager. He told me ranges were all closed due to govt. (Governor's) decree..which started Nov 18th,
    & is in effect until Dec.9th. Bar area closed too. As according to what he said, a " Max. of 1 person " would be allowed on a range,
    & there's no way to monitor compliance, a decision was made to close the ranges.

It was his thought that the shutdown would be extended on or before Dec 9th. until ?
    Christmas ?... After New Year
    ?
    Just until the governor finds a way to shut a GUN club down permanently!
    Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joepistol View Post

Christmas ?... After New Year ?
    I still don’t understand the rationale of a gun club voluntarily closing the indoor range when you can go across the street to Accurate and shoot indoors. Baffling...
    Last edited by 1tondriver; 12-05-2020 at 03:14 PM.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by 1tondriver View Post
    Baffling...
    Welcome to my world. I can't wrap my head around it.

I am a Forum User
    .." voluntarily closing the indoor range.."
    Dan's statement to me was, the ranges were closed in response to the Governor's order..not a voluntarily closure.
    Not wanting to place the Club in conflict with the word of law..expose Club to being cited..etc..

With the limitations on gatherings, many club activities (used to generate revenue for the club) have been cancelled..
    unable to hold most the fund raising activities that normally provide funds to keep the club operating,
    I doubt the club has funds to pay fines, or fight a lawsuit against the Gov.'s orders

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast