Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Banned Forum User

QD mount suggestion for a AR

New to the forum but I am looking for recommendations for a QD mount for my LaRue AR. I will probably going with something 1-8x24 with a 30mm tube. You guys seem to have a wealth of information so I figured I would ask here.

Thanks

I am a Forum User
    Can't go wrong with Aero, Vortex, or Primary Arms.

LaRue,
    "dying ain't much of a living boy"

I am a Forum User
    If you already have a Larue rifle you might as well get a Larue Mount. If I was getting a QD scope mount it would either be Larue, Scalarworks, Warne, or Midwest Industries.

I am a Forum User
    For light weight hunting applications I use the Aero SPR. For tactical I only use the American Defense mounts which are indestructible.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Danco411 View Post
    For light weight hunting applications I use the Aero SPR. For tactical I only use the American Defense mounts which are indestructible.
    Oh... yes... complete brain fart... I've got two of their mounts on bolt guns. Straight up and low, versus cantilever for an AR but they do make several flavors for an AR setting. And like you said, quality is tops. I have been more than happy with mine. And they do remount / re-zero just like advertised. Slightly pricy, but worth it if you follow the buy once / cry once rule.

Optics Planet has them on sale at the moment as well.

https://www.admmfg.com/mounts?specs=91

Last edited by Quads; 12-01-2020 at 12:44 PM.

I am a Forum User
    By any chance would that be a Strike Eagle you are looking at? I also have a LaRue and after a lot of reading and I just ordered a Strike Eagle in 1x8. I was looking at many scopes and ready to spend much more but everything recommended me not to and to get this one. I asked this exact question on another board and most told me to forget the QD mount and to get a regular mount and just carry the required tools when I wanted to remove it so I am very interested to see the responses you get.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by dextron View Post
    New to the forum but I am looking for recommendations for a QD mount for my LaRue AR. I will probably going with something 1-8x24 with a 30mm tube. You guys seem to have a wealth of information so I figured I would ask here.

Thanks

MGO Member
    I have a Midwest Industries mount. It is their “high” mount. A standard mount is roughly 1.5” tall. The high mounts are just under 2” tall. That 1/2” may not sound like much but I find it a lot easier to use because my cheek placement feels more natural.

Im running a Larue spr LT104, it works as advertised, always returns to zero.