Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Thread: Sig Sauer 522

I am a Forum User

Sig Sauer 522

I have a Sig 522 that experienced the bolt issue with the c clip popping off causing the bolt to fall apart. I am trying to avoid sending it in to Sig as the turn around time is horrendously long. They used to send to parts kit to you, but they have stoped doing that. Anyone have this problem and fixed it on their own?

MGO Member
    I also have a 522 that has about 1k rounds through it. So far I have not had an issue, but am holding my breath. Mine was purchased right when they came out an so far no issues. Curious to see how this all works out for you. Sorry for not being any help but thought I would share.

I am a Forum User
    Do you have all the parts ? If you do, any competent gunsmith should be able to put it back together for you.
    Had an issue with Sig 232 I had, took it to a gunsmith & he was able to disassemble, replace a pin that had slipped out of place,
    & put it back together in less time than it took for me to type this. (I type slow)
    Not saying they'd do the same for you, but he didn't even charge me for doing this..

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfDub View Post
    I have a Sig 522 that experienced the bolt issue with the c clip popping off causing the bolt to fall apart. I am trying to avoid sending it in to Sig as the turn around time is horrendously long. They used to send to parts kit to you, but they have stoped doing that. Anyone have this problem and fixed it on their own?
    You should probably call Sig customer service on that problem, if I recall correctly SIG has redesigned the 522 bolt group with a roll pin instead of that darn original "E" clip that could sometimes pop off or break".