Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Banned Forum User

“Ain’t missing nothing”

Was at my dads the other day sitting at the table talking. He has a Mod 700 in 6.5 Creedmoor.
    Me- I would like too shoot that creedmoor. I’ve never shot one.
    Dad- Well you ain’t missing nothing. It won’t do anything my .243 won’t do.
    It caught me off guard. He is planning on selling it.
    Pass me a 25-06, 270, 7-08, 7mag, 30-06, whatever. I’m so sick of hearing about Creedmoor I don’t even want too own one. I would buy a 6.5x55 if I wanted one just because I’m sick of hearing about the Creedmoor. At any normal shooting distance they aforementioned cartridges will shoot as flat or flatter.
    If getting into B.C’s and all that stuff the old 30-06 with a 180gr AccuBond has a B.C. Of .507 I think. Just regular AccuBond not the L.R. one. If I’m shooting at an elk sized animal I had rather have the 30-06 any day of the week and twice on Sunday. We won’t even get into how much flatter a 270 etc will shoot at normal ranges. If you are shooting far enough that a dumbmoor is flatter then you are shooting at a distance you shouldn’t be shooting at anything with a heartbeat.

I am a Forum User
    I have fell in love with the .264. What a flat shooting round. i have a creedmoor, but have never hunted with it, or even shot it much. Before gun season i picked up a stainless savage 110 in 6.5 PRC. What a round! I have since ordered a 6.5-300 weatherby, cant wait to get it and do some shooting.