Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Banned Forum User

Previous generation 12x50 bino thoughts.

I am looking to buy a used pair of 12x50 bino's. Price range is $500-$700. I do not want something produced in the prc. I am looking for the best quality I can get at that given price range.

I currently have a couple options. ..

Initially I was thinking the made in Japan Razzors which I now are pretty decent or better. Someone has offered me some Meopta B1 non HD.
    I am wondering what your thoughts are or is there another bino I should be looking at.

Thanks for your thoughts

I am a Forum User
    Hi Mike:

First off how are things down there? Doing any good west part of Texas?

I recently purchased a used pair of Swarovski 10x50 full size binos off ebay

They were for a fair price although the seller stated that they had just been through Swarovski's USA service center. I was happy when I received them since the lenses were in excellent shape, could not see a scratch or a ding in the lenses, and the housing only had minor wear. Got them for less then 1/3 the price of a new pair and everybody that I loan them to says that they are "Breathtaking".

Regards,
    Cranky

I am a Forum User
    You mentioned some non HD meopta binos.

Well I do not know that much about older Meopta binos but I do know a lot about the older Nikon Fieldscope spotting scopes that were top of the line about ten years ago. They had their standard field scope and then the higher quality higher cost "ED" models which had the more costly lens coating. The ED spotting scopes are top of the line whereas the normal non ED nikon spotters are so so in quality. Same thing with the Kowa "Prominar" and non prominar optical equipment.

With that being said, I think I would pass on the non HD Meopta's