Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Thread: Bore Stores..?

I am a Forum User

Bore Stores..?

was looking in the WTB forum & saw someone looking for "Bore Stores"
    which I had not heard of before..google supplied the answer.
    after writing a post about my experience, I thought others here might like this idea as well,
    so decided to do a review of my own "project". as it seems very similar to the Bore Stores product,
    but is a much less expensive alternative.

An alternative: years ago I had my wife cut up an old blanket, to make sleeves for my rifle & pistols.
    only took wife a few min. to trace a rifle, pistol, cut it out , then sew it together.
    The idea & intent was to keep the inside of my gun cases from getting dirty from powder residue after being used @ the range

These worked very well..have used them for about 20 yrs. and insides of my cases still look new.
    As these "slipcovers" got soiled. I'd throw them in the wash..they'd come out like new. ( most of the time )
    a few made from an old sheet, got stained, but they still work.

I think I washed the dishes for her, for doing this for me..

spraying one of these with a silicon spray would probably be a low cost version of what you're looking for.
    1 blanket will make a bunch of "slipcovers"

Helpful hint: turn them inside out when washing.
    Lighten up Francis.