Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Thread: 22 Rimfire

Banned Forum User

22 Rimfire

Does anyone one have any instructional videos on bullet tests with the 22 Rimfire such as was given us on other calibers sometime back? My internals are aching to see some.
    Maybe a charging bear being bowled over by the power of the CCI Stinger fired from a 2 inch revolver.
    Since the 9MM is out of my league with the MAGNIFICENCE of it, I will defer to the slightly lower power 22 Rimfire.
    BTW where are those videos? I am longing for a video. I am craving the instructions of the MAGNIFICENT ONES

I am a Forum User
    on 22 rf ammo, so much depends on the particular firearm it'd being fired from, to make a judgment.
    When I bought my first Ruger 10-22, I went thru extensive testing of all the brands of 22 ammo I could find @ the time.
    I liked the higher velocity the lighter weight 22 ammo provided ( 36gr vs 40 gr ?) and Remington made a round that was called "Viper "..
    don't know if it's still made, but believe it was the highest velocity 22 ammo made ( @ the time )

I got very good accuracy , so bought a few bricks of it..still have a brick in my stash, as I target shoot with 40gr. std. velocity ammo most the time.

Again, my suggestion would be try ammo that's available in your firearm & see what it likes best.. YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by joepistol View Post
    on 22 rf ammo, so much depends on the particular firearm it'd being fired from, to make a judgment.
    When I bought my first Ruger 10-22, I went thru extensive testing of all the brands of 22 ammo I could find @ the time.
    I liked the higher velocity the lighter weight 22 ammo provided ( 36gr vs 40 gr ?) and Remington made a round that was called "Viper "..
    don't know if it's still made, but believe it was the highest velocity 22 ammo made ( @ the time )

I got very good accuracy , so bought a few bricks of it..still have a brick in my stash, as I target shoot with 40gr. std. velocity ammo most the time.

Again, my suggestion would be try ammo that's available in your firearm & see what it likes best.. YMMV.
    I’d add when you go back to buy make sure the lot numbers match and then buy every round in the house. Rimfire can go from great to bottom of the barrel not only from one brand to another, but from one lot to the next of the exact same thing
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

bella-twin-the-22-used-to-take-the-1953-world-record-grizzly

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by tenthumbs View Post
    That was a good article. Amazing! All about shot placement!

I am a Forum User

I am a Forum User
    I have one of those Cooey Single Shot Bolt Action 22LR rifles. I put a small 2 x 6 x33 Leupold scope on it and on a whim, put it on the bench after I had shot my rimfire benchrest competition winchester.

I was surprised that it put 50 straight rounds into a single hole 1/2 inch in diameter at 50 yards! I would need to put a higher power scope to realize its true accuracy if I ever get the whim. The Ammo was run of the mill Wolf Match Target by the way, an ammo that my Winchester 52c with a 36 power scope struggles to get 0.300 inch accuracy at 50 yards for comparison.

For what it is worth, with select high cost 22LR ammo, the Winchester delivers 0.150 to 0.180 inch accuracy at 50 yards and just under a inch at 100 yards.

Regards,
    Crankster