Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I am a Forum User

Angstadt Arms Glock Mag 45acp & 10mm AR lower

I believe a workman stole the AR lower from my basement. Farmington Hills Mi
    It was still stripped and could have been taken as far back as October 23rd. to this morning Dec 16th. (my bad, but the upper shipped this week)
    It was a serialized part but was made as a rifle. sold as an "other firearm"

I'll update you with the serial number when I get it.
    UPDATE
    Serial Number: AA4500932
    Last edited by blancj8; 12-18-2020 at 02:01 PM.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by blancj8 View Post
    It was still stripped ... It was a serialized part but was made as a rifle.
    So when you first had it transferred to you, it was part of a complete rifle and transferred by the FFL a "Long Gun"? Otherwise, it wasn't (nor isn't) a rifle (long gun) unless you built it into a complete long gun at some point since receiving it.

Hope it turns up! Maybe the dog hid it!

I am a Forum User
    That is not my understanding.
    It was transferred as a long gun as that is what it was stated to be by the manufacturer. But it was always a stripped lower. Or maybe it's "Not a pistol" in Michigan, would be more appropriate.

I wish the dog hid it, but he doesn't go into the basement. He's a little skittish about new places.

MGO Member
    Make sure you report the theft.
    Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by blancj8 View Post
    That is not my understanding.
    It was transferred as a long gun as that is what it was stated to be by the manufacturer.
    If you purchased it as a stripped lower, then it should have been transferred as "Other firearm". If your FFL transferred a stripped lower as a "Long Gun", then your FFL is a moron.

The manufacturer doesn't "state" what a stripped lower is and an FFL does not, by checking a box on a form, determine if something is a long gun, a handgun or something else - federal statutory law does that.

But it was always a stripped lower. Or maybe it's "Not a pistol" in Michigan, would be more appropriate.
    "Not a pistol" has nothing to do with anything. If it was purchased and transferred as anything other than a COMPLETE rifle (long gun) or a COMPLETE handgun (AR15 pistol), then it is an 'Other firearm' and should have been transferred as such.

This may not be your understanding, but it is federal law (all except for the 'moron' part -- that's just my opinion of FFLs who don't follow instructions and/or the law).

I wish the dog hid it, but he doesn't go into the basement. He's a little skittish about new places.
    He'll get used to it!

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
    If you purchased it as a stripped lower, then it should have been transferred as "Other firearm". If your FFL transferred a stripped lower as a "Long Gun", then your FFL is a moron.

The manufacturer doesn't "state" what a stripped lower is and an FFL does not, by checking a box on a form, determine if something is a long gun, a handgun or something else - federal statutory law does that.

"Not a pistol" has nothing to do with anything. If it was purchased and transferred as anything other than a COMPLETE rifle (long gun) or a COMPLETE handgun (AR15 pistol), then it is an 'Other firearm' and should have been transferred as such.

This may not be your understanding, but it is federal law (all except for the 'moron' part -- that's just my opinion of FFLs who don't follow instructions and/or the law).

He'll get used to it!
    Thanks for clarifying my understanding.
    It was an "other firearm"

And yes I reported it before I posted here.