Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bad news

MGO Member

Bad news

Looks like no more Remington primers

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1601371304

Just a question out of ignorance......

Was Remington actually making primers, or just using a contractor and rebranding them?

I am a Forum User
    just a guess, but since Remington was in the ammo business for many years,
    and marketed primers as a component for hand loaders, I believe the made their own primers.

I have some unused Remington primers..since they're not made anymore, do they become "collector's items ? "

Quote Originally Posted by joepistol View Post
    just a guess, but since Remington was in the ammo business for many years,
    and marketed primers as a component for hand loaders, I believe the made their own primers.

I have some unused Remington primers..since they're not made anymore, do they become "collector's items ? "

I have some older ones laying around too. I’m pretty sure they’re going to become .45 Colt and 10mm since I can’t afford pre-made ammo anymore, lol.

I thought Vista (Federal) bought the Remington ammunition division, including the factory. I certainly hope they're still making everything and just changing the brand, otherwise we're never gonna get past this

I went to Remington's website and they don't say anything about discontinuing any of their primers.
    Formerly Known As RevDerb since 2008 with 9,457 posts.
    VietNam era vet (USN - CTT2, USNR - CTT3), NRA Life Member, NRA Certified RSO, SAF, GOA.
    Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum.
    http://revderb.blogspot.com John 5:24 <><

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CircuitRider View Post
    I went to Remington's website and they don't say anything about discontinuing any of their primers.
    I think Remington sold all their holdings. I know Ruger purchased the Marlin manufacturing equipment. This is all due to their bankruptcy.

Quote Originally Posted by ppruchnicki1 View Post
    I think Remington sold all their holdings. I know Ruger purchased the Marlin manufacturing equipment. This is all due to their bankruptcy.

All that we have is a statement that Midway is discontinuing those primers as a product that you can order from them.

Just looking around, nobody has any stock on them.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer View Post

All that we have is a statement that Midway is discontinuing those primers as a product that you can order from them.

Just looking around, nobody has any stock on them.
    Last summer Remington sold all their assets including the name Remington to different companies again due to the bankruptcy. Check previous threats. So as I understand it there’s no longer any Remington. And one of their assets sold was their ammunition manufacturing division.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by ppruchnicki1 View Post
    Vista Outdoor Inc. bought Remington ammunition. Vista Outdoors own Bushnell, RCBS, Hoppes #9, Federal, CCI, Speer, Blazer, M-Pro 7, Camelbak, and a dozen other brands all fall under the Vista banner.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast