Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

Please submit comments for the ATF's proposed pistol brace regulations.

I'm hoping that perhaps this can be enough to encourage a few more people to send in comments. This was my first time doing it so I know how daunting it can seem to try and put all of your thoughts down on paper, but as a fellow gun owner I want to ask and encourage everyone reading this to stand with me and push back against new regulations.

Here's the text of the regulations and at the bottom it gives you details on how to submit and how submitted comments must be formatted

And folks, I put my money where my mouth is. If you need inspiration or ideas for what to write, or you just need to know that you're not spending all this time writing a comment and submitting it just for it to not matter, here's the text of my own comments submitted earlier today. I'll update that post with a link to my commentary once it has been posted on the government's website. Feel free to send me a message if you need help with figuring out what to do or you think what you wrote won't be accepted. I will help you.

Remember, we defeated the proposed ban on M855. We can stop this too.

I am a Forum User
    You forgot to object to the fact that the ATF exists at all, as their only reason for existence is to undermine the 2nd.

I am a Forum User
    Good point, but what I wrote and submitted has been submitted, so it's spilled milk at this point. But I'd be happy to help you find an articulate way to include that in the comments that you submit!

I am a Forum User
    Already did

I am a Forum User
    Comment submitted. C’mon guys and gals...let’s make ourselves known.

-Aveguy

I am a Forum User
    I did glance though over 100 of the 21444 comments and didn't find any that were in favor of this.

I am a Forum User
    I am thinking of commenting with a reverse psychology spin. Looking at the whole proposal from the stand point of being able to conceal a pistol - it seems a brace of any form would actually reduce the concealability of a handgun WHICH in turn could reduce the number of deaths per year in area's where authorities refuse to enforce the law. Thoughts? Would/could that comment backfire on us 2nd Amendment Patriots and do more damage than good?
    THANKS FOR THE THREAD DETROIT!
    Puc

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Puc View Post
    I am thinking of commenting with a reverse psychology spin. Looking at the whole proposal from the stand point of being able to conceal a pistol - it seems a brace of any form would actually reduce the concealability of a handgun WHICH in turn could reduce the number of deaths per year in area's where authorities refuse to enforce the law. Thoughts? Would/could that comment backfire on us 2nd Amendment Patriots and do more damage than good?
    THANKS FOR THE THREAD DETROIT!
    Puc
    The most important thing is that you say "I object to the proposed regulations" or something to that effect. Your reasons for objecting is less important - as long as you're not saying something unhinged or illegal. But no matter what, I encourage you to voice your opinion. If your greatest concern is that pistols without a brace are more concealable, voice it! If it's something else, even if it's simply that you like your AR pistol and you don't want to register it, voice that. The most important thing is that we have as many people as possible be on the record as being against these new regulations.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by detroitarmament View Post
    The most important thing is that you say "I object to the proposed regulations" or something to that effect. Your reasons for objecting is less important - as long as you're not saying something unhinged or illegal. But no matter what, I encourage you to voice your opinion. If your greatest concern is that pistols without a brace are more concealable, voice it! If it's something else, even if it's simply that you like your AR pistol and you don't want to register it, voice that. The most important thing is that we have as many people as possible be on the record as being against these new regulations.
    Well put Detroit!! Well put!! Thank you!

I am a Forum User
    Comment submitted

Thanks to OP for posting link.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast