Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

I am a Forum User

Bass Pro buys Sportsmans Warehouse

Not a fan, I think they greatly degraded Cabelas assortment and Sportsmans seem to be much more pro gun. Also I'm tiered of cookie cutter big boxes. And with the Meijer's and Wal Marts of the world out of the ammo business, there is almost no competition left.

https://fishingtackleretailer.com/ba...ans-warehouse/

I am a Forum User
    There's another thread on this but it hasn't gotten many responses. I guess most here don't care.
    https://www.migunowners.org/forum/sh...mans-Warehouse

I am a Forum User
    I think it's a good thing if they all start carrying the SW gun lineup. They have far more guns and better deals quite often too. Unfortunately, the closest one to me is in Lansing.

I have noticed that every link i had to SW guns that had braces is now displaying "no longer available"

maybe bass pro already stopped them selling braced stuff?

I am a Forum User
    Cabela's I felt went downhill when BP bought them, and I have a feeling SW will do. Cabela's variety at the store in terms of ammo/gun items went way down hill.

I too think it's too bad. Cabela's is turning into a clothing store (like Dick's)

Mark

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MichiganShootist View Post
    I too think it's too bad. Cabela's is turning into a clothing store (like Dick's)

Mark
    I heard someone call it "Kohlbela's" and I couldn't agree more. Plus it's funny.
    If at first you don't succeed, don't skydive.

I am a Forum User
    Just bought a gun there online ship to store, no shipping, no transfer fee, no other fees and a reasonable price considering current conditiions but I'm sure Bass Pro will screw up everything good about the store and we will have a monopoly of mediocre sporting goods stores. When Cabelas was still independent they were far superior to Bass Pro in every way possible but now are in a nose dive to Bass Pro Level.