Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

FAL gunsmith in west Michigan

Hi I'm looking for a gunsmith in west michigan who's worked on FAL parts kits to put mine together. If you know of someone who's worked on them before please let me know!

I am a Forum User
    He’s on the other side of the state but in my opinion there’s nobody better in Michigan for FAL’s and AK’s than Ken Kubin of Global Military Gunsmithing in Farmington Hills. He has a ton of experience and a national following for the work he does with military pattern firearms and his rates are reasonable.

Agreed, send it to Ken. Great rep. For aks and gals he is the guy you want to talk to in michigan.

If you are willing to ship, these guys are the best. I dont know if they still do builds, but if you mention me, they might be able to hook you up.

https://ernstarmory.com/

Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    Agreed, send it to Ken. Great rep. For aks and gals he is the guy you want to talk to in michigan.
    I need a Galil built!

Quote Originally Posted by Coctailer View Post
    I need a Galil built!
    He does galils.

Do it.

Ken has a real good rep in ak circles.

what reciever will you be using? I wanted to do one of the gaills about ten years ago, never pulled the trigger, same with some of the built galil imports.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    what reciever will you be using? I wanted to do one of the gaills about ten years ago, never pulled the trigger, same with some of the built galil imports.
    I have a 15 yr old Galil AR kit and Century receiver. I dont know who built the receiver though.

Quote Originally Posted by Coctailer View Post
    I have a 15 yr old Galil AR kit and Century receiver. I dont know who built the receiver though.
    I would say around 2007-2009 Ohio something , I think ohio rapid fire, something like that was building a lot of them. If its what I think it was, see if you can share it on an ak forum and find out if its one of the poorly heat treated ones. That was the bad rep with the shop I am thinking of, owner was a real caustic jerk.
    Last edited by dirtmcgirt76239; 12-30-2020 at 02:17 PM.

I am a Forum User
    Jeff Miller AKA HillBilly Firearms is another guy for Galils. He can tell you if you have one of the good or bad receivers that Century used. When he did mine a couple of years ago he recommended either Tortort or CNC Warrior as being the two best and of equal quality. I went with a Tortort receiver because it was the one available when I wanted it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast