Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodcock1 View Post
    I think this sums up my thoughts pretty darn good. I just wanted to share my experience with group as a heads up. An auction is an auction as soon as you take a bid, unless you have a reserve. There are plenty of other places to deal with, It won't be Not Just Guns for me again.
    Woodcock, I’d say you nailed it right there as BillR’s post sums
    my thoughts up as well. He ASSUMES that the auction is responsible for disclosing that the item is listed in store. He ASSUMES I work there as I’m trying to bring a little reality to the conversation (I don’t, but I’m a regular and know the guys there). He says it is SUPPOSED to be stated that the item is for sale in the store (who says so?). Realistically, why would any business limit their sales avenues? It certainly doesn’t state that it isn’t listed for sale in the store. So again, you can either ascertain (as I’d suggested, since this item was clearly important to you) the item is available on the auction only or just ASSUME as Bill R appears to suggest that the item SHOULD only be available to you as that is your ASSUMPTION.

You can see how far ASSUME and SHOULD got you here. As I said...if I was bidding on an item that was important enough for me to complain on the internet about it I would have called to be SURE I was the buyer.

-Daren

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Aveguy311 View Post
    Woodcock, I’d say you nailed it right there as BillR’s post sums
    my thoughts up as well. He ASSUMES that the auction is responsible for disclosing that the item is listed in store. He ASSUMES I work there as I’m trying to bring a little reality to the conversation (I don’t, but I’m a regular and know the guys there). He says it is SUPPOSED to be stated that the item is for sale in the store (who says so?). Realistically, why would any business limit their sales avenues? It certainly doesn’t state that it isn’t listed for sale in the store. So again, you can either ascertain (as I’d suggested, since this item was clearly important to you) the item is available on the auction only or just ASSUME as Bill R appears to suggest that the item SHOULD only be available to you as that is your ASSUMPTION.

You can see how far ASSUME and SHOULD got you here. As I said...if I was bidding on an item that was important enough for me to complain on the internet about it I would have called to be SURE I was the buyer.

-Daren
    Any business that engages in the practice of selling an item out from under a bidder had better get used to getting slammed on the internet. The OP called the store and tried to get an explanation without success. I don't think he's obligated to cover for them.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Siamese View Post
    Any business that engages in the practice of selling an item out from under a bidder had better get used to getting slammed on the internet. The OP called the store and tried to get an explanation without success. I don't think he's obligated to cover for them.
    So, if a business/auction had a feature that allowed you to “Buy It Now” would you consider that to be “selling out from under a bidder”? ‘Cause, not gonna lie here, that is common on many of the largest auctions on the internet. I think OP would have a valid complaint if the store had taken his/her money and failed to deliver the item. I don’t believe that is the case here, however. So I guess they have to get used to understanding that some of their bidders are unwilling/unable to read the rules of the auction.

Also, OP advised that the store told him/her the item sold in the store. What else needed explanation?

-Aveguy

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Aveguy311 View Post
    So, if a business/auction had a feature that allowed you to “Buy It Now” would you consider that to be “selling out from under a bidder”? ‘Cause, not gonna lie here, that is common on many of the largest auctions on the internet. I think OP would have a valid complaint if the store had taken his/her money and failed to deliver the item. I don’t believe that is the case here, however. So I guess they have to get used to understanding that some of their bidders are unwilling/unable to read the rules of the auction.

Also, OP advised that the store told him/her the item sold in the store. What else needed explanation?

-Aveguy
    I have no problem with a buy now feature. It makes it very clear that if I want it now, at that price I buy it. If I want to chance it I wait till the bidding closes, simple as that.

In this incident there was no indication of a buy now option, either on line or at the store. If it was indicated as such I would have no problem. The Auction was represented as an auction, high bid at the close wins the item (dynamic extended time included).

Bottom line for me is to share my experience so others can use the information if they consider doing business with Not Just Guns.

I am a Forum User
    Here are the rules of the auction as posted on their auction site.

Automatic Bidding (max bid, auto bid, proxybid)
    Automatic Bidding (auto bid) option makes bidding convenient allowing you to enter the maximum bid amount* that you are willing to bid on an item. Based on your Account Preferences for notification, you may be notified whenever your auto bid increases &/or when it is exceeded.

The auction company or other bidders do not have access to see your auto bid amount. You are the only person that can see your auto bid amount (displayed in your Watch List).

Your auto bid will not “jump” to the maximum amount. The auto bid will increment up only with competing bids until either the item completes with you as the high bidder, or until your auto bid has been exceeded by another bid.

If another bidder already has an auto bid in place when you place your auto bid, the (2) competing auto bids will continue to increment until either the lower auto bid is maxed out; or if both auto bid amounts are the same the auto bid that was placed first will become winning position of the bid.

Example #1:

1. Minimum bid is at $10.00 with a $5.00 bid increment.

2. Bidder #1 places an auto bid for $77.00.

3. No other auto bids are in place, therefore Bidder #1 is high bidder at $10.00.

4. Bidder #2 places an auto bid for $23.00.

5. Bids would compete with each other as follows:

Bidder #1 - $10

Bidder #2 - $15

Bidder #1 - $20

Bidder #2 - $23 (maximum auto bid placed)

Bidder #1 - $25 (high bid position)

The high bid is $25 not $28 because Bidder #2’s auto bid was exceeded at an increment other than $5.

Example #2:

1. Minimum bid is $10.00 with a $5.00 bid increment.

2. Bidder #1 places an auto bid of $77.00.

3. No other auto bids are in place, therefore Bidder #1 is high bidder at $10.00

4. Bidder #2 places an auto bid for $25.00

Bidder #1 - $10

Bidder #2 - $15

Bidder #1 - $20

Bidder #2 - $25 (maximum auto bid placed)

Bidder #1 - $30 (high bid position)

The high bid is $30 because Bidder #2’s auto bid was exceeded at an increment equal to $5.

Example #3:
    1. Minimum bid is $10.00 with a $5.00 bid increment.

2. Bidder #1 places an auto bid of $25.00.

3. No other auto bids are in place, therefore Bidder #1 is high bidder at $10.00

4. Bidder #2 places an auto bid for $25.00 (same amount as Bidder #1 auto bid)

Bidder #1 - $10

Bidder #2 - $15

Bidder #1 - $20

Bidder #2 - $25

Bidder #1 - $25 (high bid position)

The high bid is $25 with Bidder #1 in high bid position because Bidder #1 placed the $25.00 auto bid before Bidder #2.

*Buyer’s premium and sales tax will be in addition to the winning bid amount.

Buyer's Premium Text
    A 13% buyer's premium is in effect for this auction. If buyer pays with cash, wire transfer, cashier's check, check by phone, or company check (accepted up to $5,000), then we waive 3% of the buyer's premium, which makes the buyer’s premium 10%. DEBIT CARDS ARE 13% For questions please call us at 517-244-9001 or email us at auctions@notjustguns.com

Condition of Online Auction Lots
    Condition of item is described per item. Unless otherwise noted NEW item are covered by manufactures warranty.

Dynamic Bidding
    Dynamic bidding - The dynamic bid on this website is a feature that does NOT allow an item to sell at the end of the auction until there is 10 minutes of bidding inactivity. Example - An item is bid on at 7:50pm. An auction is scheduled to close at 8:00pm. When this bid is place the ending time will automatically extend to 8:10pm. When another bid is place at 8:01 the auction will extend until 8:20pm. This will give bidder 19 minutes to place another bid. If no bids are placed this auction will conclude at 8:20pm. The key to your dynamic bidding feature is that the auction extends from the preset closing time in 10 minute intervals, NOT 10 minutes from when you placed your bid. Please Call 517-244-9001 or Email us at auctions@notjustguns.com with any questions or concerns.

General Information
    Not Just Guns Auction Terms and Additional Information Please Note: Items are selling from our store in Mason MI (411 N Cedar RD, Mason MI 48854). For questions on items at our location please call the main office at 517-244-9001, or email us at auctions@notjustguns.com. Inspection & Pick Up times: Monday-Friday from 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. & Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Removal: All items purchased on the regular weekly online auctions are to be paid for by 7PM on Monday following the auction. All high bids are considered legal binding contracts and all sales are final. All items that are NEW and sold from our firearms store are covered by the manufacturers warranty including new firearms. All used firearms are sold with our warranty they can be returned within 7 days for legitimate reasons. Examples, not working properly, mis represented, not as described. (SUBJECT TO NOT JUST GUNS APPROVAL) Not Just Guns has the right to correct the issue or mistake.

Incremental Bidding
    A bid may be placed for any amount equal to or greater than the current required bid amount, which means your bid amount is not required to be an increment of the posted bid increment.

Example:

Current bid at $10.00 with a bid increment of $5.00.

Minimum bid required would be $15.00.

A bid may be placed for any amount equal to or greater than $15.00.

The bid amount is not required to be in increments of $5.00; therefore a bid could be placed for $17.00 or $76.00 or whatever amount you wish to bid as long as it is equal to or greater than the minimum bid required.

The winning bid may end up at any amount. It may not be divisible by the stated increment. The winning bid will be the highest

Refer to Automatic Bidding section for further explanation of the convenient method of placing an automatic bid.

Inspection Times
    Monday – 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.

Tuesday – 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.

Wednesday – 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.

Thursday – 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.

Friday – 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.

Saturday – 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.

Invoice Footer
    **We are closing at 4 p.m. on 12/24 & will remain closed until 10 a.m on 12/28**

Invoice Special Announcements
    Sell your firearms and firearms related items through our online auction every Wednesday. Just call us @ 517-244-9001, Email us at auctions@notjustguns.com or stop by the store in Mason at 411 N Cedar Rd Mason, Mi 48854

*** Store Hours ***

Monday - Friday 10AM - 7PM

Saturday 9AM - 4PM.

*** Closed Sundays ***

Payment Dates
    All items purchased on the online auctions are to be paid for by 7PM Monday following the auction. After 7PM on Monday the system will charge your card on file. If your purchase remains unpaid, the item or items will be put back into stock and resold unless you have made other arraignments.

Thursday 1/7/2021 10:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.

Friday 1/8/2021 10:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.

Saturday 1/9/2021 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.

Monday 1/11/2021 10:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.

Pre-Bidding
    You can place bids on an item before the auction starts, this is especially helpful if you will not be available on the day of the auction.

When an item status shows as “Pre-Bidding” this simply means that bids placed are not displayed on the auction site until the date the auction is scheduled to open.

Although there may actually be pre-bids placed on the item, an item in pre-bidding status will show # of bids placed as 0 and the current bid (required bid) will show as the opening bid.

You may place a pre-bid through the same process as normal bidding. You can monitor & view your bidding activity on items in pre-bid status from your Watch List.

When you place a pre-bid, if you are notified that your bid is not higher than another user’s pre-bid this means that another bidder(s) has already placed a pre-bid equal to or higher the amount of the pre-bid you are attempting to place. You will need to raise your pre-bid if you want to be in the winning position.

All pre-bids will be tallied and shown when the auction actually begins.

Refund Policy
    NO REFUNDS, RETURNS, OR EXCHANGES. All items sold "AS IS WHERE IS" with all faults.

Removal Times / Failure to Remove
    Thursday 1/6/2021 10:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.

Friday 1/8/2021 10:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.

Saturday 1/9/2021 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m..

Monday 1/11/2021 10:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.

We understand that some customers only come and pick up items once a month or so. We will store your items at no charge for up to 60 days. After 60 days there is a $2 a day charge per item.

Sales Tax
    Sales Tax Rate for this auction will be: 6%

All bidders will be subject to applicable sales tax for the state in with the auction is held. If you are tax exempt, provide our office with the documentation required for exemption.

Sales tax is calculated on total sales price which includes Buyer's Premium (therefore Buyer's Premium is also taxable).

Shipping Options / Information
    **ALL FIREARMS MAY BE PICKED UP AT OUR FULL SERVICE GUN STORE AT NO EXTRA CHARGE OR SHIPPED TO YOUR FFL. ALL FIREARMS SHIP FOR $25.00 ANYWHERE IN THE LOWER 48 STATES (Unless Noted Otherwise)**. ALL NON FIREARM ITEMS SHIP TO YOUR ADDRESS FOR ACTUAL SHIPPING COSTS. (WE DO NOT MARK UP OUR SHIPPING COSTS)

SHIPPING MAY TAKE UP TO 7 BUSINESS DAYS AFTER FULL PAYMENT HAS BEEN MADE

**ANY SHIPPING QUESTIONS CAN BE SENT TO auctions@notjustguns.com **

Special Notes
    For questions call the store at 517-244-9001 from 10am-7pm. Auction Night After 7PM on AUCTION NIGHT ONLY !!! @ 517-862-6562. (this phone is only active on AUCTION NIGHT AFTER 7pm) or EMAIL us at auctions@notjustguns.com

Storage Fees / Restocking Fees
    NON-REFUNDABLE STOCKING FEE: Auction Co. (Not Just Guns) RESERVES THE RIGHT to charge any credit card registered with your account up to 20% as a non-refundable restocking fee (minimum $25.00 charge) based on total purchase price during the auction or immediately following the auction. The non-refundable restocking fee (minimum $25.00 charge) will be applied when invoices are not paid in full within 5 days of auction date or no longer wanted. Note that the purchase price is the sum of the bid price, buyer’s premium, buyer's fee, and sales tax if applicable. At which time, all items are considered to be abandoned &/or forfeited to the Auction Co. Auction Co. reserves the right to relist/resell any and all items considered to be abandoned or forfeited when invoice is not paid in full within 5 days of auction. We do not accept partial payments. Invoices must be paid in full. All payments must be in U.S. Funds. We will store your items at no charge for up to 60 days. After 60 days there is a $2 a day charge per item.

Types of Payment
    We accept all major credit & debit cards

Cash (save 3% credit card fee)
    Certified Check (save 3% credit card fee)
    Check by phone (save 3% credit card fee)
    Company Checks (save 3% credit card fee)

I am a Forum User
    I understand that in a separate page/link you found other information. To me an upstanding business wouldn't post addition rules away from the auction detail rules......

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodcock1 View Post
    I understand that in a separate page/link you found other information. To me an upstanding business wouldn't post addition rules away from the auction detail rules......
    Sometimes in life it seems easier to blame the rules instead of understanding them. Especially if you feel passionately about your position in this. That said, it seems as if this is a “no harm,
    no foul” situation for the most part.

Hell, there are times where the gas station or small business I choose to patronize is based entirely on what side of the road they are on. Sometimes the most trivial/insignificant thing drives your choices. This is the beauty of a free market.

Good luck!

-Aveguy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12