Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boxing Day

Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer View Post
    First, what is "Boxing day"? It is the day that SERVANTS were given their "Christmas boxes" and given the day off.
    The SERVANTS worked to serve the Family/Household the day before.
    If you were to give a person the day after Christmas off, and present them with a "Christmas Box", and then greet them with a salutation regarding "Boxing day",
    You would have just referred to that person as your SERVANT. Don't be surprised if they dot your eye in return.

Generally, Boxing day is only celebrated in countries subordinate to the British Empire.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boxing_Day

There are competing theories for the origins of the term, none of which are definitive.[6]

The European tradition of giving money and other gifts to those in need, or in service positions, has been dated to the Middle Ages, but the exact origin is unknown. It is sometimes believed to be in reference to the Alms Box placed in the narthex of Christian churches to collect donations to the poor. The tradition may come from a custom in the late Roman/early Christian era wherein alms boxes placed in churches were used to collect special offerings tied to the Feast of Saint Stephen,[7] which, in the Western Christian Churches, falls on the same day as Boxing Day, the second day of Christmastide. On this day, it is customary in some localities for the alms boxes to be opened and distributed to the poor.[
    1][8]

Sounds like your definition isn't definitive.
    If you are better off than you were 4 years ago....................you are probably an ILLEGAL INVADER.

I am a Forum User
    All I know is there are 363 days until Christmas, and that "do gooder" neighbor of mine already has his Christmas lights up. He probably is complaining about my lawn too.

Do they have the fourth of July in Canada?

I am a Forum User
    Everybody in the world has a 4th of July. I'm not fond of it, but it's celebrated in the U.S.

Quote Originally Posted by tenthumbs View Post
    Do they have the fourth of July in Canada?
    Yes, they do. They also have an independence day, which is celebrated on July 1st.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by Pyromike View Post
    Everybody in the world has a 4th of July. I'm not fond of it, but it's celebrated in the U.S.
    If you don't mind my asking, why not?
    Like and follow MGO on FaceBook
    https://www.facebook.com/migunowners.org

DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

SW of Grand Rapids, surrounded by chickens, Detroit some weekends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garymac View Post
    December 26 is Boxing day in Canada and the rest of the world, must have been a pretty cold ride.
    If it was anything like the last couple years Dec 26th was rather pleasant all things considered.

I was more surprised by them being able and allowed to cross the border via boat. These days that’s grounds for serious trouble.
    “Cui prodest?” Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Name:  Ali_vs_frazier_elgrafico.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  67.9 KB
    Teachers leave them kids alone
    Hey! teacher! leave us kids alone!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12