Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MGO Member

Fightlite SCR - wat?

So today was the first time I've heard of these guys / seen one of these and apparently it is a means to get around Commiefornia gun laws.

Personally, I really prefer the classic stocks on firearms. I don't care for the AR all that much but I love the M1 Carbine, Mini14/30 etc and in terms of iron sight guns, much prefer those. Mounting optics on them though makes for a less than optimal setup for the most part.

These however, really caught my attention. I like the wooden stocked versions, I REALLY like the fact that they take a standard AR upper and mags. Would like to get my hands on one to try out.

What's your guys' thoughts on these? Any experiences?

I am a Forum User
    Yeah they've been around for a while. Didn't realize they started offering the wood stocks. I remember people making their own wood stocks for them years ago. I thought about getting one and putting a wood stock on it for my hunting rifle, but decided not to. I'm good with a standard AR. Don't know if they are dependable or not, no first hand experience. Neat idea, though.

I am a Forum User
    Interesting buffer tube geometry.

I am a Forum User
    Proprietary buffer system kind of like a FAL with a tail that goes into the stock.

ANY AR upper will work on it, I’d assume a 458 SOCOM or the like would require an adjustable gas system.

I’m a big fan of the “shockwave” version. I was thinking about doing a 8” 300blk, but then the lowers pretty much disappeared.

I am a Forum User
    I thought they were cool since they first came out. A wood stocked 350 legend 12.5" SBR with a can would be a dandy deer rifle around here. Hmm, now you've got me thinking...

I am a Forum User
    Consumers need to stop appeasing manufactures who bow down to these states with draconian gun laws. Solutions looking for problems.
    Equally, manufactures need to cut all ties with governments who embrace, create and enforce them.
    This madness will end in a matter of days if not hours.

I don't know too much about complying with other states, but I have had a number customers that ordered these over the past few years. People seem to like them

I am a Forum User
    It made me think of Kalifornia and their BS AR / Modular Rifle laws / DOJ approved gun list tripe.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bae125 View Post
    I don't know too much about complying with other states, but I have had a number customers that ordered these over the past few years. People seem to like them
    Any customers have much to say about them after using them for a bit etc? Or just initial impressions? It seems like after they switched from Ares to Fight Lite (or maybe something else happened?? No idea) the triggers improved a lot etc. I first heard these mentioned The other day on Serbu’s channel from an older video.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Quads View Post
    Consumers need to stop appeasing manufactures who bow down to these states with draconian gun laws. Solutions looking for problems.
    Equally, manufactures need to cut all ties with governments who embrace, create and enforce them.
    This madness will end in a matter of days if not hours.
    A web search on these shows tons of people who have built rifles on these for asthetic reasons, and not because of draconian state gun laws. The bottom line is there is a decent market for them, and not only for state compliance. People like different things and I'm all for innovation and meeting a demand.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast