Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    MGO Member
    I'm a believer in low recoil 00 Buck for a self defense 12GA shotgun.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    <snip>
    Unfortunately I could see someone really out of their mind on meth taking a couple shots with bird shot and not even trying to get out of your place. <snip>
    We had a young methican-American wander into Palais du RifleGuy a couple summers ago. She bolted through the front door while I was working outside.
    I charged through the side door, pistol in one hand, 911 on the phone in the other. As I'm shouting for her to leave, pointing a pistol at her chest, both my dogs (175 pounds of enthusiastic people repellent) are chewing on her and trying to push her backwards.

She was oblivious to it all... lost within whatever synthetic daze she was witnessing.

She turned and wandered out the door, I called off the dogs, and the arriving officers tackled her as she exited the house.

Much later, at the courthouse, she and her mother asked what happened. She had no memory at all, just woke up in a jail cell with chew marks all over her body, and some serious bruising from the rather enthusiastic tackle by the officer.

Zero response to being attacked by large dogs, no defensive action on her part at all, no indication she even noticed me shouting and pointing a gun.

I don't think bird shot would have held any deterrent-factor had she had violent intent.
    Life is too serious to take too seriously.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    Celebrate Recovery! Member & Group Coach

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by papabear View Post
    I know this subject has been on here before but what about six shots of three inch #4?
    So you want to use an inefficient shot size out of a heavy recoiling shell that slows second shots? The worst of both worlds.

I am a Forum User
    I have other options, just curious about multiple shots out of the 12. Buck shot is not easy to find as is almost every other caliber, trying to find ammo for the new vaquero is a little daunting.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by RifleGuy View Post
    We had a young methican-American wander into Palais du RifleGuy a couple summers ago. She bolted through the front door while I was working outside.
    I charged through the side door, pistol in one hand, 911 on the phone in the other. As I'm shouting for her to leave, pointing a pistol at her chest, both my dogs (175 pounds of enthusiastic people repellent) are chewing on her and trying to push her backwards.

She was oblivious to it all... lost within whatever synthetic daze she was witnessing.

She turned and wandered out the door, I called off the dogs, and the arriving officers tackled her as she exited the house.

Much later, at the courthouse, she and her mother asked what happened. She had no memory at all, just woke up in a jail cell with chew marks all over her body, and some serious bruising from the rather enthusiastic tackle by the officer.

Zero response to being attacked by large dogs, no defensive action on her part at all, no indication she even noticed me shouting and pointing a gun.

I don't think bird shot would have held any deterrent-factor had she had violent intent.
    If she had had violent intent, in her condition it would have taken multiple rounds in any caliber to put her down. I seem to have read that in those situations they don't slow up until there is enough blood loss or a vital organ is turned to mush.

Quote Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
    I'm a believer in low recoil 00 Buck for a self defense 12GA shotgun.
    Good enough for the local police
    Active airport shooter

I am a Forum User
    On YouTube there is a guy named Paul Harrel who demonstrates effectiveness of different shotgun loads for defense. He can be a little dry and very long winded but he is through in his demostrations.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash-hider View Post
    If she had had violent intent, in her condition it would have taken multiple rounds in any caliber to put her down. I seem to have read that in those situations they don't slow up until there is enough blood loss or a vital organ is turned to mush.
    Hydraulic failure, or electrical failure, according to those in the know. And hydraulic failure can take a long time. Col. Cooper was a strong advocate of the Mozambique Drill.
    Life is too serious to take too seriously.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    Celebrate Recovery! Member & Group Coach

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    to get a good reference point you need to go shoot some stuff with bird shot and see how anemic it its, it can barely kill a squirrel 30 ft up a tree.

Either experiment yourself, or watch vids.

Unfortunately I could see someone really out of their mind on meth taking a couple shots with bird shot and not even trying to get out of your place. Its all noise, nothing on the other end. Its perfect to make some racket and get someone out of your front foyer. It will be the noise, not the hit that gets ride of them.

+1, guy is very informative.

Sorry I clicked on the wrong post, meant to promote Paul Harrel, he is very informative.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast