Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnS624 View Post
    Bussing from Belleville to Detroit? A little paranoid? Eagle Pass and Wyoming is paradise compared to Lynch Rd and Mt Elliott.
    You think that is paradise, come out here for a day or two.
    You don't even have to bring your gun.

I am a Forum User
    Come on guys. You're kidding yourself if you don't think a methhead from Midland or a junkie from Gaylord won't kill your ass just as dead as somebody from Detroit. You shouldn't be letting your guard down anywhere.
    Last edited by MSUSpartan99; 01-02-2021 at 09:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MSUSpartan99 View Post
    Come on guys. You're kidding yourself if you don't think a methhead from Midland or a junkie from Gaylord won't kill your ass just a dead as somebody from Detroit. You shouldn't be letting your guard down anywhere.
    One reason I have a CPL.

We did have those thieves that were hitting the Target stores pay a visit to our beach. Cops were chasing them down US-23 and the stop sticks got em. They ditched the car and ran. One of them to our park/beach area, the other 2 lit off across 23, eventually making it 2 miles south to Spencer road. Dogs and drones found them.
    The one visiting our beach got tackled on newly formed ice. I found his I-phone the next day when going for a walk. Fenton cops have it.

So I guess we do get a little more happening around here besides cars skidding off the road, and lost cows being reported.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a sleeping pill and laxative on the same night.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by RifleGuy View Post
    My suggestion early on in this discussion. Nothing like some first hand knowledge to help formulate one's opinions.
    It’s an excellent class, nice that I’m not the only one here making suggestions that has taken it.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasher View Post
    Why, would you elaborate plz.

My f i l’s best friend is a locksmith in Alaska, now I have never been there but from what he has seen the majority of people use 12 gauges for up close defense from bears, if it would work on a bear i dont see why it wouldnt work on a human.
    You’re not as likely to shoot through your neighbors house in Alaska. I do not feel a shotgun is a very safe home defense weapon in 99.9% of peoples hands. Not implying a shotgun won’t put down any land creature in the world, it’s probably not best for home defense. The class is extremely enlightening, especially to the folks that recommend a shotgun. It’s also interesting to see how unreliable they can be.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    I have wanted to do it, whats the cliff notes. What did you learn ? What was the enlightenment?
    We learned about ammo selection, patterned with multiple loads, how to deal with low capacity and keep the weapon fed efficiently. After doing patterns and comparing ammo, I’m not too confident I’d ever grab a shotgun for home defense, to the extent that I may sell my nice tactical shotgun after setting it all up. Probably won’t though, it’s too cool and fun. Seriously take the class, it’s fun and you’ll learn.

I am a Forum User
    I will look into it, a guy named Paul Harrell did a few videos on over penetration, well worth the watch, gives one food for thought for sure.
    Last edited by Rasher; 01-03-2021 at 03:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MSUSpartan99 View Post
    Come on guys. You're kidding yourself if you don't think a methhead from Midland or a junkie from Gaylord won't kill your ass just as dead as somebody from Detroit. You shouldn't be letting your guard down anywhere.
    True. its worse in the city, and I see two ways people look at it that are both wrong. People out in the sticks a bit think it ONLY happens in Wayne county. Then insane Detroit, and lesser extent Wayne county defenders like to say, see, someone got shot in Almont, or Lexington, or marine city, we are all exactly the same, even if its the first shooting in 50 years. They then reject the idea of violent crimes per 100k which you can look up for any town or city. Even if you can show the detroit is 8-12 times more violent than NYC, and hundreds of times more violent than Albion, or St Claire, they want to use it to justify where they bought, or with the detroit stuff its mostly racial, as in yeah its black here, but no, oakland township is not better, even though it is hundreds of times less violent.

The Constitution is NOT dead. It's just being held captive.

DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

I am a Forum User
    Well found some ammo for the new 45lc so I’ll leave the shotgun for fun shooting

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567