Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I am a Forum User

Trying to select a rail

Trying to decide what one piece rail to install on a savage 111 7mm mag with accu trigger, setting up the rifle after reading a article shooting long range on the cheap in gun digest a few years ago. I have the rifle, and a vortex scope already just needs rings and rail.
    would you go with a 20 moa or zero? looking to shoot 600+ with it.

MGO Member
    I would go with the 20 moa just because of the distance you are thinking of shooting. This rail will ensure you have enough vertical adjustment on your optic.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Model12gunner View Post
    I would go with the 20 moa just because of the distance you are thinking of shooting. This rail will ensure you have enough vertical adjustment on your optic.
    this build is kind of a bragging rites challenge between a friend and I , who can build a long range rifle the cheapest staying under 1K
    was looking at the EGW or weaver extended rail. The EWG looks like its a little thicker than the weaver both about the same money, nightforce would put me over budget with rings.
    he already completed his rifle under budget using a cheap optic but spending more on the rifle.

I am a Forum User
    I recently started using dnzproducts mounts on the recommendation from many and I am very happy with them.

Joe

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by FishinJoe View Post
    I recently started using dnzproducts mounts on the recommendation from many and I am very happy with them.

Joe
    Thanks Joe for the recommendation they are out of stock unfortunately but priced right.

Nightforce is too much I see...
    Last edited by JDG; 01-02-2021 at 06:39 AM.
    Active airport shooter

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by JDG View Post
    Nightforce is too much I see...
    at 3-4 x the cost of most rails and trying to stay as cheap as possible not in the budget but I do agree its great quality.

MGO Member
    Steel or Aluminum? Seems that when you look for cheep, you get Chin Lee Aluminum. No experience at 500+ yards.
    Stop The Robberies Enjoy Safe Streets / You can't argue with slaves that don't know they're shackled.

Quote Originally Posted by bgblock427 View Post
    at 3-4 x the cost of most rails and trying to stay as cheap as possible not in the budget but I do agree its great quality.
    I had suggested Ken Farrell, but edited my post after seeing what those cost! I bought mine used for $50, so it wasn't too bad, but I had some KF rings too very high quality stuff!
    Active airport shooter

I am a Forum User
    ended with a EGW steel rail now all I need is some rings and put her together.