Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by RifleGuy View Post
    Oh wow!
    That looks amazing, Sir!

May I ask what camera you are using?
    And, self-taught, or did you take some photography classes?
    I used my iPhone.. LOL

Now that said, photography was my hobby ever since I was in high school. I started with a Minolta then a Canon A1 fast forward to a Nikon D100. That was the last camera which I bought in 2002. I kept using the Nikon D100 until 2013 when I started using iPhone and didn't have extra money to spend on photography equipment as I started my shooting hobby around 2009-2010 time frame..

So I have the background and I consider my self an enthusiast, but do not have the equipments. But If I have an idea I can work with what I have to execute.

I am a Forum User
    Another idea.. for ammo & an old GI 1911 would be to use the old Steel cases.. I have a few (somewhere) I saved,
    just because of the headstamps..they are stamped '43, I believe.

A long time ago, I tried reloading one of the steel cases, to see if it would work.
    I do remember it did..was something I wanted to try.

If you have some old steel cases, they'd be a nice addition to your photo..

If I was creating a era pic,, I'd dig out my old GI / USMC leather boots I still have , from my USN-R time I spent with the Marines
    , & put them beside / behind it, along with a flag draped in the background.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by joepistol View Post
    Another idea.. for ammo & an old GI 1911 would be to use the old Steel cases.. I have a few (somewhere) I saved,
    just because of the headstamps..they are stamped '43, I believe.

A long time ago, I tried reloading one of the steel cases, to see if it would work.
    I do remember it did..was something I wanted to try.

If you have some old steel cases, they'd be a nice addition to your photo..

If I was creating a era pic,, I'd dig out my old GI / USMC leather boots I still have , from my USN-R time I spent with the Marines
    , & put them beside / behind it, along with a flag draped in the background.
    cool idea.. There are alot of steel cases at my local club pistol range that no body wants.. They are the greyish color ones though. but I can pick up some and use for the pictures..

Nice job my friend! I've enjoyed your videos also.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by tenthumbs View Post
    Nice job my friend! I've enjoyed your videos also.
    Cheers buddy

Very Nice Pic...
    NRA Life member, NRARSO, Howell Gun Club member, MDFI Alum 2019 & 2020, 2023 GOA Life Member. MGO life member.

MGO Member
    FYI, most photo download software has editing. You can take your photo, crop it, lighten or darken it, add or subtract color, tint it or enhance it etc etc.
    Last edited by Garymac; 01-03-2021 at 08:58 AM.
    No man made law physically prevents one from doing anything they have a mind to.

Wallpapers are a little hobby of mine when I’m up north with nothing better to do. I have fun playing around with depth effect and different lighting. I favor natural bluish lighting, but this weekend I tried going for a warmer fire light. Using different means of reflecting light (different color sheets or wood panels) gives an entirely different atmosphere through the lens. I’ve spent hours experimenting with framing and lighting.....it’s actually quite a fun way to pass the time when there’s nothing else to be done on the property. It has almost inspired me to buy a proper DSLR....but I know that will be a deep rabbit/ money hole once I get into it. So far everything is just done on an iPhone using its internal HDR and depth effect. No filters.

The first image with the revolver has brass fresh out of the tumbler next to it. It looks more Sepia than in real life, and I did that with using indirect light from a fire reflected off of the dark log walls of my cabin. There is a more blue light coming from the rear that’s from indirect light coming in from a window exposed to snow reflecting late afternoon overcast sun.

I deliberately picked antique items to frame this with in an attempt to make it look “sophisticated”. Everything was placed deep in the corner of a very dark mahogany book shelf and lit from my right shoulder by a window open to a snow bank in overcast sun. Depth effect used to “fuzz” the edges of the frame where items aren’t on the same focal plane as the pistol.

First attempt at depth effect on the iPhone when it came out a few years ago. Fire is about 4‘ behind the coffee table. Light is from the left from floor to vaulted ceiling windows open to snow covered woods in overcast sun. The scotch is.....delicious....

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuel Fire Desire View Post
    Wallpapers are a little hobby of mine when I’m up north with nothing better to do. I have fun playing around with depth effect and different lighting. I favor natural bluish lighting, but this weekend I tried going for a warmer fire light. Using different means of reflecting light (different color sheets or wood panels) gives an entirely different atmosphere through the lens. I’ve spent hours experimenting with framing and lighting.....it’s actually quite a fun way to pass the time when there’s nothing else to be done on the property. It has almost inspired me to buy a proper DSLR....but I know that will be a deep rabbit/ money hole once I get into it. So far everything is just done on an iPhone using its internal HDR and depth effect. No filters.

The first image with the revolver has brass fresh out of the tumbler next to it. It looks more Sepia than in real life, and I did that with using indirect light from a fire reflected off of the dark log walls of my cabin. There is a more blue light coming from the rear that’s from indirect light coming in from a window exposed to snow reflecting late afternoon overcast sun.

I deliberately picked antique items to frame this with in an attempt to make it look “sophisticated”. Everything was placed deep in the corner of a very dark mahogany book shelf and lit from my right shoulder by a window open to a snow bank in overcast sun. Depth effect used to “fuzz” the edges of the frame where items aren’t on the same focal plane as the pistol.

First attempt at depth effect on the iPhone when it came out a few years ago. Fire is about 4‘ behind the coffee table. Light is from the left from floor to vaulted ceiling windows open to snow covered woods in overcast sun. The scotch is.....delicious....

Really nice work on the photos.. I enjoyed reading your explanations on the setup and lighting.. Very interesting. My favorite is the second picture, I love the lighting, it is like " sculpture by lighting "..

I am still a beginner in that aspect and I am still working on the basic setup and window casing, I haven't reached the stage to experiment with lighting yet.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Garymac View Post
    FYI, most photo download software has editing. You can take your photo, crop it, lighten or darken it, add or subtract color, tint it or enhance it etc etc.
    yes thanks, I am aware of these functions. However, if one element in the picture has hot spots or was way outside the spectrum it is hard to control. All these software functions deal with the whole picture and would affect all the elements in the picture at once. My problem was the shiny brass, once I dulled it physically the picture was balanced and now I can use the software to manage it out.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast