Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JGrant View Post
    If you shoot bi-metal jacket bullets, you can burn it out in around 1000 rounds fired. So AK, Barrels and a Barrel Press. ARs Barrels and a spare BCG
    Ive never heard of an AK barrel burning through in 1000 rounds.

I am a Forum User
    Based on the current cost and availability of ammo, I don't think many people will be experiencing many failures due to prolonged use any time soon ...

Quote Originally Posted by AleksanderSuave View Post
    You would have to be a moron to do it, but in FA or bump firing non stop, you can melt one down. Just normal shooting? I have not either.
    Active airport shooter

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
    Based on the current cost and availability of ammo, I don't think many people will be experiencing many failures due to prolonged use any time soon ...
    ZING!!

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by AleksanderSuave View Post
    I used to own close to 20 AK type rifles. I never had a part break but had a box full of replacement parts that I just sold off on another forum after selling my last converted Saiga. I used to hold build parties around 2004 in Arizona. Quickest way I saw a ruined barrel was when someone shot corrosive ammo and didn't clean the rifle before putting it away.

I have some corrosive ammo I could use in some AR's I have recently barreled in 5.45x39 but instead sold almost all the 7n6 ammo I had to one person, 10,000 rounds, when I sold him my last 5.45x39 AK. I just can't bring myself to using it in an AR and stick to non-corrosive ammo.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12