Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

Are you shooting less lately ?

Happy to discover that my local range has reopened.
    Went to shoot a couple of times, & though it was daytime, I was the only one shooting @ the range.
    Started wondering if, because of ammo cost , or scarcity of components, are gun owners shooting less ?
    Making fewer range trips ? Shooting fewer rds. when you do go to the range ?
    Have your shooting habits changed recently ?

I am a Forum User
    Just shooting .22 mostly instead of centerfire calibers.

MGO Member
    Not shooting my Bullseye league right now.
    Several summer shooting matches were canceled.
    I'm not going to the range to practice as often. I have a decent amount of ammunition still, but I'm being cautious until I have a feeling for how long the shortages and crazy prices will last.
    I think I have enough cowboy ammo stored up for the next season.
    I aim to misbehave ~Malcolm Reynolds
    Favorite Shooting Podcast

Wife and I have cut way back, mostly because of the Covid threat. I have to be careful.
    When we do go we'll run through about 150 9mm reloads. I'll be taking a couple 22s next trip.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a sleeping pill and laxative on the same night.

MGO Member
    I shot 1 time in September and hunting geese and deer. That's it besides to dispatch a possum eating a chicken and a couple guinea hens that went wild and bothered the neighbor.

My wife and kids though need to get in some trigger time. I guess we will have them shoot .22.

MGO Board of Directors

I have definitely slowed down. Im probably going about half as often. Partially because work is all hands on deck right now trying to finish up two auto assembly plants, and partially due to scarce / very expensive replacement costs for factory ammo and components for handloading.

I hand load all my rifle cartridges, but I buy stuff to hunt with (well stocked on hunting ammo). I still have plenty of primers, BR primers, and powder. I am running low on a few calibers for match projectiles. Once I replenish my loaded stock of .223/5.56, I will be really low on those projectiles too.

I still have at least 1K of each pistol caliber on the shelf. I do not hand load for pistol, so replacement is a concern if I decide to shoot pistols.

Like GreasemonkeySRT, I have been shooting more .22 than anything else lately.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

Barely shooting at all. A few times up north, and a buddy meet up one time. Just holding steady on my pile. Waiting this madness out. I am not paying inflated prices, ill just start buying mods I wanted and have not doing, I need to order up a srt trigger kit, mcarbo springs for all my marlins, mcarbo marlin spring, maybe grab a set of tech sights, new holster, new sights on the sig. I am not paying extra for ammo or burning up my supply.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by joepistol View Post
    Happy to discover that my local range has reopened.
    Went to shoot a couple of times, & though it was daytime, I was the only one shooting @ the range.
    Started wondering if, because of ammo cost , or scarcity of components, are gun owners shooting less ?
    Making fewer range trips ? Shooting fewer rds. when you do go to the range ?
    Have your shooting habits changed recently ?
    Shooting half the normal amount of centerfire and just beginning to shoot more .22 than centerfire. Hopefully my supply will last me a while. I am not so sure, and I wont pay the price for commercial ammo.

I am a Forum User
    100%! I haven't been to the range in 9 months+. I was the type who would go and buy a box or 2 of 9mm and shoot it, but didn't have the budget to buy 1000+ packs. I have 2 young kids and simply can't afford the crazy price of ammo. I would love to see a program where a box of ammo is included in your range time at a reasonable price. I think the ranges are going to need to start working with independent ammo manufacturers to start have their own brand or else range shooting is going to really tail off.

Quote Originally Posted by Trident1526 View Post
    100%! I haven't been to the range in 9 months+. I was the type who would go and buy a box or 2 of 9mm and shoot it, but didn't have the budget to buy 1000+ packs. I have 2 young kids and simply can't afford the crazy price of ammo. I would love to see a program where a box of ammo is included in your range time at a reasonable price. I think the ranges are going to need to start working with independent ammo manufacturers to start have their own brand or else range shooting is going to really tail off.
    Thats not going to happen. They might sell you one or two at a fair price if you buy a package, or three trips gets you a fair price etc, but they have to make money on every transaction.

I think as long as they are selling guns and ammo at the prices right now, and demand is all time high so they have revenue coming in.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast