Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    I am an old guy that raised 4 kids on Michigan venison (gun and bow), wife was/is as frugal as I so we stayed out of debt and enjoyed the little things like teaching the kids to shoot/respect for each other and those around them. One of the things we always enjoyed as a family was tossing lead. When I retired I went crazy in the shooting,,,, couple thousands of rounds of this, few thou of that and on and on. Gang of geezers on the firing line in Michigans OPEN FOR SHOOTING, owned by the tax payer State Land - sooo much fun!! Ammo and shooters were wayyy cheap and me and my geezer buddies had a blast. Then this mess happened. 85 cents a round for stuff I was getting for 17 cents,, TOTALLY INSANE - in my geezerland opinion. Quite frankly,, the high cost of ammo sucked any form of fun right out of that side of the "sport" for me.. I remember telling my wife that I just found no enjoyment out of doing the ol ratty tat tat with my binary AR15 knowing that the 15 second 100 round drum dump I just did cost me close to 100 bucks (I spent many years doing Turkey shoots, shooting dynamite, busting clays and other range activities back in the 60's/70's/80's with the WW2 and Nam Vets who I hung out with and now find myself enjoying running as close to full auto for fun in my retirement days - range days are longgg gone),, SAD. Then my business sense kicked in!
    At the bottom of my bucket list is a 1967 Big Block Corvette still staring me in the face.. It clicked! BUY LOW, SELL HIGH and end up with my bucket list Vette on the middle LOL.. That said and still unable to totally shake the need to dump a drum once in a while (aint that old) I am 100% now in 22lr mode,, building a binary 10/22 cause I aint even close to being done with shooters BUT,, if this $8 a brick 22lr ammo gets much closer to $150 a brick I will sell all this stuff too and put ALL my shooter money in my Vette fund!!
    Guess we are all in the same boat...
    Puc

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by GreaseMonkeySRT View Post
    Just shooting .22 mostly instead of centerfire calibers.
    Jeff, what 22lr pistol would you recommend.

I've been neglecting the centerfires lately, but still manage to run at least100-150 rds of 22lr weekly. The little I have shot from centerfires has been 45acp, the 9s and rifles for the most part have been left home since early summer. Component shortages have been my problem. Last spring setting home due to the lock down I loaded most of what I had on hand and shot 2-3 days a week until I found primers to be getting harder to come by. I haven't spent more then I did this time last year for rimfire or components, but I am trying to slow down and hoping to avoid being in the position i cant find what i need or feeling I have to pay the premiums.
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

I am a Forum User
    I've conservative overall to preserve inventory, and shooting mostly .22LR - my 22/45 and G44 have been getting much more exercise over the past 6 months.

I am a Forum User
    Time to break out the 22LR bolt action rifles and slow range sessions down to a crawl. Finish with a 50 round box of centerfire...still kills 2 hours and I’ve saved on usual amount of ammo down range

I've got a decent amount of 22lr but I hardly shoot my 22lr, just don't derive much pleasure from it.
    MGO Member
    Ragnarok Arms, LLC in Saline, MI- Type 1 FFL
    www.ragnarokarms.com

I am a Forum User
    I bought a Taurus TX22 because of all of this specifically check out my review on this site if you wish or contact me by PM on here I will answer any questions to the best of my ability.

Quote Originally Posted by castrotikon View Post
    I've got a decent amount of 22lr but I hardly shoot my 22lr, just don't derive much pleasure from it.
    I’ve honestly not fired a .22lr in years. It might be time to get it back out though.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by erict View Post
    Jeff, what 22lr pistol would you recommend.
    Don't know what Jeff would recommend but a Ruger Mark IV or a Browning Buckmark are very nice shooters. A Mark III or II are also nice but some people have trouble putting them back together after field stripping. Here is a pic of a Browning Buckmark Practical URX I picked up a couple months ago. I love the fiber optic site
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by jolari View Post
    Don't know what Jeff would recommend but a Ruger Mark IV or a Browning Buckmark are very nice shooters. A Mark III or II are also nice but some people have trouble putting them back together after field stripping. Here is a pic of a Browning Buckmark Practical URX I picked up a couple months ago. I love the fiber optic site
    Good suggestions for new off the shelf nice stuff.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast