Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Just zeroed a dot sight today on my KR-9, took 2 shots... The rest of the mag was pure joy, and a waste of 9mm!!! Lol
    Active airport shooter

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by jolari View Post
    Don't know what Jeff would recommend but a Ruger Mark IV or a Browning Buckmark are very nice shooters. A Mark III or II are also nice but some people have trouble putting them back together after field stripping. Here is a pic of a Browning Buckmark Practical URX I picked up a couple months ago. I love the fiber optic site
    Thank you. I will look into those.

I am a Forum User
    Less pistol. More rifle.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by erict View Post
    Jeff, what 22lr pistol would you recommend.
    Another option to consider is to buy a 22LR conversiot kit to your pistol, depending on brand and model of the center fire pistol(s) you have. Most brands like glocks (17/22 or 19/23), Sigs P226 & 229, CZs 75, 1911s have 22LR conversion kits and are very reliable. The advantage of this choice is that you get to mount the slide on your gun frame and you get to practice with the same platform, Triger control, grip angle, etc.. Some to consider in your quest for a 22LR handgun if you happen to have a hosting platform.

Quote Originally Posted by JimSig View Post
    Another option to consider is to buy a 22LR conversiot kit to your pistol, depending on brand and model of the center fire pistol(s) you have. Most brands like glocks (17/22 or 19/23), Sigs P226 & 229, CZs 75, 1911s have 22LR conversion kits and are very reliable. The advantage of this choice is that you get to mount the slide on your gun frame and you get to practice with the same platform, Triger control, grip angle, etc.. Some to consider in your quest for a 22LR handgun if you happen to have a hosting platform.
    This is how I went about it and sold my old Buckmark in the process.
    The conversions are accurate and reasonable priced alternatives to buying a new pistol. The only complaint I have with mine is it weighs less then the slide assembly that comes on my 1911s changing the feel a bit. I ran across a cheap used RIA that I now have dedicated as a slave action for the conversion.
    Another thought in these times is a revolver. I’ve a couple and they get shot more then the conversion lately simply due to the fact they slow down my ammo consumption.. A good S&W or Ruger revolver will surprise you as far as their accuracy and along with 22 semi’s teach the same sighting, trigger, and breathing you need with center fires.

Name:  282F322C-8A46-4433-A417-C10CE34EEF65.jpg
Views: 269
Size:  92.4 KB

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Ol` Joe View Post
    This is how I went about it and sold my old Buckmark in the process.
    The conversions are accurate and reasonable priced alternatives to buying a new pistol. The only complaint I have with mine is it weighs less then the slide assembly that comes on my 1911s changing the feel a bit. I ran across a cheap used RIA that I now have dedicated as a slave action for the conversion.
    Another thought in these times is a revolver. I’ve a couple and they get shot more then the conversion lately simply due to the fact they slow down my ammo consumption.. A good S&W or Ruger revolver will surprise you as far as their accuracy and along with 22 semi’s teach the same sighting, trigger, and breathing you need with center fires.

Name:  282F322C-8A46-4433-A417-C10CE34EEF65.jpg
Views: 269
Size:  92.4 KB
    Excellent example.. We think alike Joe.

I am a Forum User
    Thanks. I will consider that option as well.

I am a Forum User
    .." Another option to consider is to buy a 22LR conversion kit to your pistol "..
    I had considered this, thinking about a nice conversion for a 1911. The higher quality kits (which I'd want for better accuracy )
    cost almost as much as buying an entire 1911 .22 cal. specific pistol... so I didn't.
    Almost went for a browning copy of 1911 in.22 cal.. then realized I already had too many pistols already.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Quads View Post
    Less pistol. More rifle.
    Less both here - but shotgun shells have stayed about the same price. And clays are outside so good for the COVID cautious. Just the usual slowdown as it gets cold out. Bald Mountain has 2 fully enclosed 5-stands so that’s on my to do list

Been doing more dry fire practice

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234