Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Question Looking for experience with Kahr pistols

I have a PM9 which I carry everyday. It has been 100% reliable since day one.

So I just bought a P380 from a MGO member. (advertised as low round count - like new) Today was my first chance to take it to the range. I had light strike on primers about 12 times (and failures to fire) out of 65 rounds. All had a dent in the primer but it was light. Most fired when tried the second time. Three wouldn't. (3 different brands of ammo too)

It acted like it might not be going fully into battery... and the fired brass were just filthy (like they weren't "sealing" in the chamber).

So I'm betting on a weak recoil spring... so I ordered a set from Kahr.

Anyone else have light strike events with Kahrs????????? I searched the web and there a enough threads on the issue to make me uncomfortable. A 20% failure rate on a carry gun isn't okay with me

Mark

Legal Forum Contributor / Super Moderator esq_stu's Avatar
    Looks like your problem is not unique; some people reported striker spring or recoil spring issues. I'm inclined to look to the springs.
    https://pistolsmith.com/kahr-pistols...kahr-p380.html
    http://www.kahrtalk.com/showthread.p...primer-strikes
    http://www.kahrtalk.com/showthread.p...Primer-Strikes

I have a PM9, a CW9, a CW40, and a TC9. I had an MK9 as well, but sold it (only because of the all steel weight).

I would suggest searching more forums. For example, the Kahr owners forum at https://www.kahrforum.com/ or at www.kahrtalk.com. If other Kahr owners have had problems like yours, the members there might also have reported it.

After I ran into a serious problems with my PM9 (slide got peened at the ejection port) I found out there about a recall on certain serial numbered PM9s due to off-spec steel. I called Kahr, and they sent me a label to ship it to them. They replaced the entire upper and all but the plastic in the lower and I haven't had a problem since. I had a mag release issue on the CW40, and they replaced the part for free and it has since been trouble free. Kahr's service has been generally pretty good for me. (No issues with the TC9 and CW9).
    All the best,

--esq_stu
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Instructor: Basic Pistol, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home

The above comments are not intended to be and do not constitute legal advice to anyone.

Call Kahr. They're pretty good on fixing their problems.
    Teachers leave them kids alone
    Hey! teacher! leave us kids alone!

SW of Grand Rapids, surrounded by chickens, Detroit some weekends.
    As above, contact Kahr-they’ll take it back and work it out. If it’s just worn or weak springs worst case is they ask you to foot the bill for a few cheap parts-but it’s likely to be bad out out of spec springs which they should replace on their dime.
    “Cui prodest?” Lucius Annaeus Seneca

I am a Forum User
    I have had reset issues with a CM9, I also carried a PM9 for a while. After some research about the trigger reset issues, I sold both Kahr's I owned.

I carried a CW9 for years, only issue I had was with the mags, with the steel buttons falling out of the followers. If you pocket carry a mag, you may get a random cartridge release. Fantastic pistol, awesome accuracy!
    Active airport shooter

10+ years ago I was a big Kahr dealer.
    Get a hold of them and they will fix it. They are awesome guns.