Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Destruction of a Suppressor

Should a suppressor, owned by a trust, be inadvertently destroyed, what is the procedure for having that item removed from the trust and the BATFE registry?
    Life is too serious to take too seriously.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    Celebrate Recovery! Member & Group Coach

I am a Forum User
    I think what you're looking for his in here: https://www.smallarmsreview.com/disp...darticles=3825

Same article on authors' legal web site (they are both attorneys): https://www.ficarettalegal.com/remov...-firearms-act/

Be sure to document the destruction itself (pictures, before & after, etc.). Make sure pics include serial number.
    Last edited by Scoop; 01-08-2021 at 05:50 PM.

Ive had people send me NFA stuff for destruction and I jsut write a letter t oNFA saying the procedure I used and that it is no longer under their purview.
    I used them as displays.

Thank you, gentlemen! Exactly what I needed!

D. SILENCERS

The NFA’s definition of “firearm” includes any silencer, as defined in the GCA, 18 U.S.C. 921(a)(24). The GCA defines “firearm silencer” and “firearm muffler” to include “any combination of parts, designed or redesigned, and intended for use in assembling or fabricating a firearm silencer or silencer muffler, and any part intended only for use in such assembly or fabrication.” Accordingly, to remove a silencer from the NFA, every baffle, wipe, and other component must be melted, crushed or otherwise destroyed. ATF advises in the National Firearms Act Handbook, ATF e-Publication 5320.8. section 2.5.1 (available on ATF’s website at www.atf.gov) that a silencer may be destroyed by completely severing each component by means of a cutting torch that has a tip of sufficient size to displace at least one-quarter inch of material at each cut location. Outer tubes of a silencer may be destroyed by crushing them flat in lieu of cutting with a torch.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

MGO Member
    Could it be fixed with gorilla glue

Why would someone want to destroy a suppressor?

Quote Originally Posted by thedonn007 View Post
    Why would someone want to destroy a suppressor?
    No idea.
    Not what this thread is about.

Quote Originally Posted by RifleGuy View Post
    Should a suppressor, owned by a trust, be inadvertently destroyed, what is the procedure for having that item removed from the trust and the BATFE registry?

Question answered. Closed.