Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Thread: Staccato 9mm

I am a Forum User

Staccato 9mm

If you own one, how do you like it? Know anyone that has one in stock in SE Michigan?

I am a Forum User
    Never fired. Would like one though. Uncoiled in Livonia has them pretty frequently. Also seen them at Shoot Point Blank in Wixom.

It's sti new name. It's good to go. You will like it.

I used to have one (not the optic cut or double stack one, just took standard officer sized mags). I really enjoyed it, more accurate than I was, very nice trigger. Fit and finish were very nice although I do recall noticing one thing about the fit that I cannot for the life of me remember that made me think "wow, you'd think this would be nicer for a $1500 gun). The other thing that kind of stinks about it is that it won't fit a standard 1911 officer holster but I believe more companies are getting on board with the Staccato now so may not be as much of an issue now.

I know Ann Arbor Arms had one recently but not sure if it is still there. As much as I like STI, I don't know if I'd ever use a $2000 gun as a carry gun, but to each their own. Regardless, if you end up getting one, I don't think you'd be disappointed. Mine ran flawlessly.
    MGO Member
    Ragnarok Arms, LLC in Saline, MI- Type 1 FFL
    www.ragnarokarms.com

I am a Forum User
    I’ve got a Staccato P, 2019 version with the treebark grip texture. After handling the new 2020 grip I realized that I liked the 2019 grip module better. I did upgrade from the Recoil Master to the Dawson toolless guide rod on mine...the 2020s come with that standard.

The Staccato is a fantastic shooting machine. You are immediately left with the impression that this is a tool, not a show piece, and fantastic at that. The bull barrel and guide rod/recoil assembly make it extremely soft shooting and faaast baby. Great for competitive shooting, too.

I have quite a few “high end” pistols and the Staccato is high on my favorites list. You’ll love it. I’ve also had good luck with the stainless 9/38 mags both in the 19 and 21 round configuration.

My local haunt, Not Just Guns in Mason, is an STI direct dealer and stocks them often. I was in last week and they had 3-4 different Staccatos in stock at the time.

-Aveguy

I am a Forum User
    Thanks my dudes! Picked up one from Not Just Guns in Mason, MI. Ready to hit the range.

I am a Forum User
    So, what model did you end up purchasing, RECON762WT ?
    Curious also, what made you decide which model to buy ?
    Looked over the Staccato line @ the Not Just Guns website & a bit surprised @ all the different models to choose from.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by RECON762WT View Post
    Thanks my dudes! Picked up one from Not Just Guns in Mason, MI. Ready to hit the range.
    Congrats! You’ll find that the more time you spend with the pistol the more rewarding it is. Truly a shooter’s pistol.

Like all 1911 type trigger mechanisms try to avoid slamming the slide closed on an empty chamber. Dry fire though is GTG.

Great choice!

-Aveguy311